·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone used a dual SIM phone? I know lots of people have a work phone and a private phone. I'd like to carry only one device. This seems like a simple solution if they work properly. You just need to know which line you are sending or receiving on and it must allow you to separate text messages by line as well. All phones allow connection to multiple e-mail accounts so they are not much of a problem.

Interested in any feedback from a user. sometimes these things seem better in print then they are in practice. Project Fi is a good example of that.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used one in Iraq for 3 years and it worked great. You just had to go through the settings on the phone to switch SIM cards.
Thanks. I hate carrying two phones. This is a solution I just recently heard about. But didn't know anyone that had actually used one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
They are great for people who have 2 numbers but don't want to carry 2 phones (who wouldn't).

I bought one Nokia each for my parents and they loved them. The newer models are much easier to use and less faulty as some of the earlier ones.

I also recommend Windows Phones wholeheartedly. The logic by which they function is far better than that of Android and perhaps iOS.

Very well optimized. Too bad that business is terrible for them and they're forced to sell phones at a higher price (than Android) with slightly sub-par specifications.

That Lumia 950 however is all you will need for at least a year or two.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks. I hate carrying two phones. This is a solution I just recently heard about. But didn't know anyone that had actually used one.
It is really common to carry dual sim card phones overseas. Here in the US it is almost unheard of. Also good cell service here is almost unheard of.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I didn't know americans don't have dual-sims... The (sad) reason for this is the fact that most americans (no offence) think that only apple makes smartphones and so they only buy iphones, which do not have dual sim atm.

If only americans knew how ripped off they're getting for apple products. Although they are of a somewhat higher quality, I'll give you that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts