Watch Freeks banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi guys,

I just picked up two automatics and I am in need of a winder. Please keep you eyes open for a deal on a dual head watch winder. I'm not looking to spend a lot here, so nothing too fancy. I don't see these come up on the deal sites but if you see one please send me a PM or post it here.

I have seen this one on Amazon for about $50. If anyone has one like this and can provide feedback that would be helpful as well.

http://www.amazon.com/watchpavilion-WIN2-110-240-Double-automatic-winder/dp/B001XTVLY6/ref=pd_sim_watch_1

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

dedward wrote:
maybe look for something different.That one will magnetize your watches.
Can you explain what and how that happens?

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I own the winder in this thread and it has worked great for me. I own several winders and this is the quietest of the bunch. I'm not sure how it magnetizes your watches, but you have peaked my curiosity. I keep a couple of Pro Divers in mine with the SII NH25A movements and they have been running like a top for 5 months now. The winder is still just as quiet as when it arrived.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Looks like a modern version of the old Pioneer Skeaker boxes you will find in the Joe Dirt style Rigs!!!:%

BW-1 wrote:
Thats a great price SV, a lot better than my dual Steinhausen it was $60 on the bay, congrats.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

i have an 8 hd FS here??? $397

Spaceview wrote:
Hi guys,

I just picked up two automatics and I am in need of a winder. Please keep you eyes open for a deal on a dual head watch winder. I'm not looking to spend a lot here, so nothing too fancy. I don't see these come up on the deal sites but if you see one please send me a PM or post it here.

I have seen this one on Amazon for about $50. If anyone has one like this and can provide feedback that would be helpful as well.

http://www.amazon.com/watchpavilion-WIN2-110-240-Double-automatic-winder/dp/B001XTVLY6/ref=pd_sim_watch_1

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

You just made a wise purchase! (IMHO)

I purchased one of these last summer, right after I purchased the Invicta Pro Diver Automaticsand I absolutely love it!

A friend of mine from another forum, turned me on to this model. Purchased it off of Ebay, for $45. It's very, VERY quiet and works great. I would definately consider purchasing another one, if and when I am in the market for another small winder.

Thanks for Sharing!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

argabright wrote:
dedward wrote:
maybe look for something different.That one will magnetize your watches.
Now *I'M* scared...

How do you avoid this... What causes it and what do you watch for?
I know that a watch can get magnetized. A magnetized watch usually runs fast because the coils in the springs stick together and increase the speed at which the energy is released (I think I am right about this but not sure). I've also read that it is easy to demagnetize a watch using any strong magnet to draw off the charge. I can look for the article on how to do that if you are interested. It has been a while since I read it. But I have never heard of a winder causing this condition. I have heard of electricians and other occupations that work around high voltage, computers or other electrical equipment to have an issue.

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

motors generate a magnetic field.That increases when the wrong guage wire is used.most winders today have a shield between the motors and the watches.That particular winder when it 1st came out didn't have any shielding.maybe it does now.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

dedward wrote:
motors generate a magnetic field.That increases when the wrong guage wire is used.most winders today have a shield between the motors and the watches.That particular winder when it 1st came out didn't have any shielding.maybe it does now.
Thanks, that makes sense.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.