Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Due to non-stop rain the wife and I decided that a trip to the mall (as well as needing new running shoes, different findings will post later) would be a great way to ge out of the house.
I have been interested in a first hand look at the new Motorola Droid and the BB Storm2.

Droid - interesting design but certainly not innovative (touch screen, slide out keyboard).
A bit small and the slide out operation did not evoke confidence. Navigation through the menus was relatively easy and the response time was very good (Android 2.0, 16GB internal, 32GB expandable). It packs a ton of stuff.....GPS, WiFi, compass, 5MP camera...etc.) Web browsing was very. very fast in comparison to other smart phones.
In the end it appears that Motorola has the right idea but I found the flush keys on the keyboard difficult to type on without mistakes and the touch screen keyboard keys were also small and sensitive, 3 attempts to type my name on each ended in failure. Other than the size of the phone and the typing this thing is really cool.

Storm2
As much as I disliked the Storm1 I have t admit they did a nice job with the Storm2. Improved the aesthetics and the "touch" is actually much better than the original. The physical feedback was not something I liked origianlly but in this case it actually worked well. But as with the original the delay from application to application was slow. I cleared the cache, memory and closed any unused apps but it still had a hesitiation that I found annoying. It comes with the latest 3.2MP autofocus camera and it works very well. Typing in portrait and landscape was not bad and with a little practice I can see it being very practical.
2GB EMC & 256 Flash and expandable memory card to 16GB. WiFi and GPS included.
Nice phone with a lot of improvements, I can see many original Storm owners making the switch.

Short and sweet....wife started tapping her feet.

CJ

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Nice reviews. Got to stick with my trusty i-phone for now but looks like nice possible alternatives if necessary. Thanks CJ.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Great review but I am biased also like eric...I love my crackberry...oops I mean my blackberry...and if anyone needs to see other reviews on phones just go to..
phonescoop.com

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I have the htc Touch Pro

and hopefully will get getting the htc Touch Pro 2 soon.

It looks like this and is literally a mini computer, great phone, etc.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I use the Google G1 by T-Mobile and my only complaint is that it goes through it's battery way too fast. I like the Blackberry series, but I would like to look at the Motorola Droid. I still have a year left under my current contract.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

You and me both JP, I am a BB Tour guy and am quite happy with it. I tend to compare all others to this and so far no change necessary!:b

Jackprime1 wrote:
Great review but I am biased also like eric...I love my crackberry...oops I mean my blackberry...and if anyone needs to see other reviews on phones just go to..
phonescoop.com

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

The motorolla cliq is much better than the droid. Personally I want the new Nokia N900.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts