Watch Freeks banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a great dog. Her name is Hazel. Shes so smart, playful and doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Sometimes she seems to be like a little kid.

But every once in a while she does something to remind me that she is still just a dog.

Tonight I was walking around the backyard. The dog was with me. She was running around and rolling in the grass like she always does.Well, after a little while I said "c'mon, it's getting cold. let's go in" and we went in the house, Almost immediately the most vile, disgusting, gut wrenching smell assaulted my senses. I looked at the dog and she was just smeared in poop. Some critter must have got in the yard and took a nasty dump. The dog did her dog thing and rolled all over in it.

Had to stop what I was doing and give her a bath.

It seems like they have this need to remind you that "hey! don't forget now, I'm a dog. stupid".

I won't even go into the "Cat Box" stories. I do know this though. Dogs really have a poop fixation.

Thought I would share.

Any strange pet doings??

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Been there done that and blew chunks while taking care of it!!! Pissed me off!!!
Poop is bad but I've had two run ins with my lab and a skunk. That smell never goes away.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

djpop wrote:
Marc tomatoe juice gets rid of skunk smell
Sorry, it doesn't. We gave her two baths in the Tomato Juice with little success. We have a formula the vet gave us. I forget what is in it but they are all household items. It worked pretty good. Could smell it whenever she got wet for some time even after using that. She took direct hits in the face both times and I think that is why it was so hard to clean off her.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

Not that dogs have the need to hunt for their food anymore but, back in the day they did & rolling in some of the disgusting things they do was their way of disguising themselves so that prey couldn't smell themcoming.

I've been sprayed by a skunk & while the smell came off my body easily enough, it lingered in my hair for weeks...I have hair halfway down my back & it reeked with the smell of skunk...I laugh when I think of it now but, it wasn't so funny at the time.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

What a funny story! Well my 2 dogs are also great dogs but the strange thing my lab does is eat poop. I have tried everything to break her of the habit but no can do. So I just have to live with a dog that dines on poop! Isn't that disgusting??

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
sheraortho wrote:
So I just have to live with a dog that dines on poop!
As gross as that is, and it's VERY common, btw, the vet says that isn't a serious issue until they begin to indulge in their own.
You are so right. Right now she's just going after the other dogs poop. It is just nasty but you're right, it doesn't harm them in any way. That's why I gave up trying to keep her from doing it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.