1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Here is the list:

1) Hotel Soaps, Lotions, Shampoo etc

If I dont bring them home, she will be irritated. It is to a point she is out of control. This is no lie we have 3 storage bins under my sink in the bathroom full of these things. I travel quite a bit, as does she and I will bet there is well over 300 bars of soap, 300 bottles of shampoo, 300 bottles of lotion in there. The stuff is crap and I really dont understand why! I know when we are long gone, someone will have too go through this crap and the look on their face will be priceless.

2) Keys on the key ring

All her keys have to lay properly and head in the right direction. Now this isnt all that bad, but I still think she is a bit compulsive here.

3) Plastic bags from the grocery store

This one bugs the crap out of me, she bought Crocery store bags from Costco the ones with the handles, so you dont have to use the brown bags and or those plastic bags. Well these where just to make it easier to load and unload. She has a whole cupboard full of these plastic bags, WTF does a person need 500 plastic bags for? When she was out of town a couple of weeks back, I went through them and threw 2/3rd of them away, and holy $hit was there hell too pay!

4) Change in her purse

Gina is a LV purse person, and they are not big and not small but the damned thing must weigh 15 lbs. She I bet has $50.00 of change in her purse at all times. We have a bank that I put all my change in, and I use it every other year for spending money when we go on vacation. But Gina keeps hers, until I go in there and grab a handfull every other week and put it in the bank. Boy does she get pissed at me, but why does a person need this much change? Crazy I tell you Crazy!!!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

My wife is pretty normal in the grand scheme of wife things; purses, shoes and clothes in general.
But.....she is a clean floor FANATIC........we fight over this. I literally am not allowed to walk in the house LOL!! One spec of dirt and I'm in trouble!! :BE

CJ

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

:%:%:%

This is very funny.

My wife loves her plastic bags as well. She also has what the kids and I call 'lock down'. At sunset every night she goes around the house and makes sure all the shades and curtains are closed so nobody can see in. She also loves her mulch. Every springf we need to order mulch and redo the planting beds around the house whether they need it or not. I'm sure she has a few others but these are the big three.

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

I got a hotel soap hoarder to and one day her and my aunt got together and my aunt is one also and they get it off ebay now, they have a club for this !!!!! and the keys my God from past houses and cars and truck from her high school days and Hell shes 37, plasic bags !!!! shes got plastic bags full of plastic bags, some are so old they just crinckle up and turn to dust when you touch them !!! and unlit candles and plastic butter bowls, WOW i thought i had the only one like it, the change is always left in her pocket and you can hear it in the dryer when you walk by the laundry room !! there always about $20 worth of change on top of the dryer.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

1) Shoes 2) Leather coats & 3) Beads for making jewelery. If I buy these things for her or I don't say anything when she buys them she usually leaves me alone in the watch department. She also likes a new watch every 6-12 months. I take care of that need for her myself LOL!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . . Glassware. We have more glass in the house than you would get if you 'nuked the Sahara Desert!!!!! Milk glass, Depression glass, Crystal . . . . on and on and on!!!! Molded, blown, cut, pressed, leaded . . . . vases, plates, ornate, vintage, modern . . . . Jeez, it's like watches . . . . more sizes, kinds and types by more makers than you can keep track of.

We used to cruise the Oregon coast and hit every antique and knick-knack shop we saw . .. . and as long as there was room in the wagon, she never let up . At last count, I believe she has 5 full size China Hutches, and 4 low-boys for display . . . . let me put it this way, she rotates her displays because . . . and only because . . . I cannot fit another hutch in the house!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Thats not all bad Randy, Gina is the same way with this stuff, but it is limited to Crystal which is in excess of $50K, and some exotic stuff, like a $5K vase she bought in the Bahamas! I can live with this kind of stuff, but the crazy stuff drives me crazy!

randyswagon wrote:
. . . . Glassware. We have more glass in the house than you would get if you 'nuked the Sahara Desert!!!!! Milk glass, Depression glass, Crystal . . . . on and on and on!!!! Molded, blown, cut, pressed, leaded . . . . vases, plates, ornate, vintage, modern . . . . Jeez, it's like watches . . . . more sizes, kinds and types by more makers than you can keep track of.

We used to cruise the Oregon coast and hit every antique and knick-knack shop we saw . .. . and as long as there was room in the wagon, she never let up . At last count, I believe she has 5 full size China Hutches, and 4 low-boys for display . . . . let me put it this way, she rotates her displays because . . . and only because . . . I cannot fit another hutch in the house!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Ok she went to far with the invasion of the Audio Rack! I will give it too ya!:%

randyswagon wrote:
. . . yeah, could be worse Ron . . . but she has it in my Audio/Video racks . . . beside my bed . . . . in my bathroom . . . . everywhere!!!!!!

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

The one thing that my girl does that drives me crazy is .............................................she eats so s l o w.

Meanwhile I eat like a Hyena on Crystal Meth.

She always asks me "did you even taste it?"

And I reply "yeah, kinda, but at least it was still warm"

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

Gina is the same way, but the good thing is she does not eat much so we generally get done around the same time. We generally dont eat out because it isnt worth the price you pay for her dinner.

toecutter wrote:
The one thing that my girl does that drives me crazy is .............................................she eats so s l o w.

Meanwhile I eat like a Hyena on Crystal Meth.

She always asks me "did you even taste it?"

And I reply "yeah, kinda, but at least it was still warm"

·
Registered
699 Posts
imported post

My wife has no obsessions except enabling her dead-beat kid from a previous marriage. We keep our finances seperate. I spend money on watches, she buys clothes for her grand kids that the dead-beat can't afford to buy. I wish she would spend money on herself and the fact that she doesn't actually irritates me. She is not into cloths, jewelry, purses or any of that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

I rarely venture out of the Lounge but, today I'm seeing what you guys are up to & I was sorry to come to the end of this thread, it was sorta/kinda like eavesdropping, interesting to see what you all were saying about the women in your life...I thought you all only discussed watches out here in the big, open forum...Now I gotta go look around & see what else I have missed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.