Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you guys prefer a rubber strap on your watch.

I seem to prefer a nice beefy black rubber strap on my watches. I love the masculine, sporty look it gives the watch. There is something about a dive watch or a G-Shock on rubber that I just love.

Additionally, I find they feel the most comfortable on my wrists. I'm a sweaty guy with ape arms, so I find that rubber is the most forgiving strap option.

Does anyone else share the same appreciation for a good rubber strap?

Cheers!

-Muscle Bear

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've really been loving my black Isofrane and Hirsch Extreme straps. I like to wear them on my Suunto Core all black.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I'm with on this. While I love a nice bracelet to me a good rubber strap has a great feel and often times a really good look as well. I had a Breitling Seawolf Ti and had the Ti bracelet and the rubber strap and that strap was awesome!

I'll also give kudos to the rubber straps for the Apple watches. They are amazingly comfortable.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I also prefer the rubber strap.a few days ago, I change my original watch strap into a black rubber strap.It looks more elegant and suitable!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I find my isofrane to be the most comfortable but I love the look of a bracelet. In the end, I find myself wearing the isofrane on most summer days.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I only wear the rubber straps (mostly Orbis Morgans) in the summer time, for my pool time.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I like both, I swap and change when the mood takes me.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Cant say I prefer a rubber type strap but I do have several I like, one on an Accutron Curacau with deployant buckle and another on an Ocean 7 LM-6. Both came with the watches from the factory. Also have a silicon I really enjoy on a Citizen dive watch.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I don't mind the Iso but it has those ridges on the back of it so it pulls the hair on my wrist if my watch moves at all. My favorite are the BC Seiko flat vent and the vintage style dive straps I sell honestly.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
It's a mixed bag in my case. When I received my first watch, 90% or more of the watches came on a leather or woven strap. That's what most people could afford. The all metal bracelet with clasp was still relatively rare. Rolex had them -> stratospheric price range for a blue collar worker. Then the Fixoflex band became all the rage. Still expensive for just a metal watch band but you could see one after another watch owner change his leather strap for a Fixoflex (they used to pull out all the hairs from your wrist :D) but they were a pain to adjust for size.

In the Seventies brands like Sicura started to produce watches with an all metal band. Flimsy affairs with hollow links but still, all metal (stainless steel, while the watch case itself was chrome plated). The new for that time LED watches were even more expensive than a basic Rolex and came with beautifully constructed, all metal bracelets -> stratospheric price range for a blue collar worker.

And now finally to the point :D It all depends on the watch I wear and the mood I'm in. There's a lot to chose from but some watches look great on rubber. My C.R.E.P.A.S. L'océan for example. ISOfrane is one of my favourite brands because of the material (real, natural rubber) but a tad on the expensive side. I like well constructed leather straps as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts