Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I scratched my Lupah! Can the crystal be polished? I know I can send it back to Invicta but was wonderingif I can do it myself?

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

best of my knowledge -it cant be done -but i have tried and to some extent hidden the scratch with clear nail polish

you put some on -wait about an hour for it to dry then use some nail polish remover on a napkin or cotten swab to remove the excess - basically you are filling the scratch with clear nail polish

give it a try it might help

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hey thanks. I will give it a try. I was thining after I posted. They do something with windshields with chips and could possibly be the same idea. If it doesn't work I could just remove the rest of the nail polish. I will let you know.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

no worries -i did it with a lupah i got on e-bay and it helped some -the trick is not to remove all of it with the np remover stuff -just the excess

·
Registered
11 Posts
It depends on what the crystal is made of. I polish the crystals, plastic and glass. You just have to be prepared to maybe have to buy a new one. Sometimes they break. I have polished a lot of old pocket watch glass crystals. Takes a while. You need a wheel that you can use water with for the glass crystals. Dry and a buffing compound for the plastic. I had a Seiko that had been worn while welding. It looked like a new crystal when I was done.

If the crystal has the day/date magnifier I leave them alone, or try to buff around it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts