Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[align=center]Here are some bad photos of these cameras. I don't really know anything about them other than they are old Argus cameras.[/align]
[align=center]Mom was wondering if I could find out for her if they are worth anything.[/align]
[align=center]They are VERY DIRTY and would require professional cleaning, but all the mechanisms appear to work and the shutters are fast and operational, I would venture to say they would take photos as is if loaded.[/align]
[align=center]

[/align]

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Holy Smokes!!! They look like they came right out of a Dick Tracey Movie!!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes, they're old, they have been in that closet since 1974 at a minimum, then who knows how long they sat before that, I was born in 1961 and I do not remember ever seeing them until today. Mom said she thinks they were wedding gifts but she is not sure, that would have been June 1957.
I think it's funny how someone could have something and bury it in boxes and totally forget about it. Too bad it weren't a couple of Rolexes or so.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

google it - find a model # or something on it and google it

they are probably worth something -at least to collectors!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Actually just did, I suppose they are virtually worthless in this condition except to a real hobiest photographer to restore for the heck of it.
I have found good conditions ones for $120, so they are not anything special.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I just put them on the bay with a starting bid of $.01

1 - 7 of 7 Posts