Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

They are located in Atlanta. Here is their contact info which is right on the top of every single page -

VISIT OUR ATLANTA STORE
3170 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305
(800) 797-0634
(404) 814-1814

did you see this page - http://www.swisswatchexpo.com/about-us - they look like a real and actual store. In addition they have positive Google and Ebay ratings.

I have called this store (as you should have) and left a message for them to call me back. It was after hours when I called. They close at 6 the message said. I will try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
imported post

They have an excellent reputation (441 transactions) and a 4.4 out of 5 rating. Not saying you're wrong, but there seems to be alot of happy customers.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
imported post

I have a friend in Atlanta Ga that buys in their store. He's never mentioned he got ripped off or they sell fakes. They do all his watch work as well.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Sorry, I did not know. I apologize again. I am sure you are correct, as you have been doing this a lot longer than I have. I was not sure because it says they use plastic crystal and have no papers. Sorry again. I did not mean to hurt anyone. :(

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
imported post

You do understand the watch you show is not new. They get used watches and sell them. Estate sales are part of that.

It even says: Working Condition: Timed to precision on Witschi watch expert timing machine. Running strong and keeping the accurate time.

So, did they use the silicon balance then? I don't know.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Goodbye everyone, this is my last post. I realize now that I have no future in watches and that I need to work more and talk less. I will never be as good as anyone here. I have realized that now. Goodbye and thank you for the best 2 1/2 months of my life.

Regards,

Jake

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

lol Jake - no need to go anywhere. And in the end this is a positive thread if it validates the store.

Always easier to ask questions versus making broad statements before you might have all the info.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
imported post

Trust me on this, I'm no watch expert. I just like watches for some strange reason. Google is my friend when I want to look like a smart horologist. I am slowly, and I mean slowly learning.

Hell, that's what it's all about anyway. Something to stimulate the old brain cells so they don't wither and die. :)

Hang in there. You learn more by your failures than by your successes. Heard that said by a CEO.

Hey, and a little humiliation humbles a person. Life's to short to stop your passion.

I know, a lot of cliché's, but I'm old and suppose to be wise

Oh, and read my signature below.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Thread ......... "tweaked" .......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rip off artist!

Bough a watch for a Christmas gift and although they have a 7 day return policy and I was purchasing on Dec 12th they said since it was a Christmas gift and we would be traveling out of town until mid January we would be able to return it . Watch is too small - will not fit my husband's wrist. This has never happened before. He is only 5'9" and always has to have links removed. Must be manufacturing defect. They can add links for an additional $300. Are you kidding - on a $3000 watch? And they have completely forgotton the extended return policy!!! What a shoddy operation!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not quite accurate...

When a client is buying a gift for someone special, at any time of the year, we are always proud to offer a special level of service. This customer is no exception. She was thrilled when she saw just the right Omega watch that would be perfect for her husband to wear while golfing.

When she contacted us in January, of course we tried to help her as best we could. The 6¾” length of the bracelet on the watch she bought was apparently not long enough. Naturally, we sell our pre-owned watches with every feature and dimension described, and she saw the watch herself when she chose it. We searched our resources for the additional links she requested. We were able to put her in touch with a very helpful representative at Omega, and she could order the additional links for $95 each. To help her as much as we could, we would have even installed any additional links she bought from Omega at no labor charge. We were willing to help her as a gratuity.

As an alternative, even though any ‘extension to our 7 days return policy’ wasn’t discussed or written on her receipt, we were also happy to offer her a store credit or an exchange for a different watch. We would love to keep this client happy, but there were just no other options we could offer her that could satisfy her. Sadly, she chose to translate our policies into her own terms and ideas.

It is very unfortunate that some people take advantage of this online platform, and start broadcasting misleading or fabricated messages that do not represent what actually happened. We have thousands of satisfied clients around the world as a testimony to our excellent customer service. Our record speaks for itself on Google Shopping, eKomi, eBay, and many other independent purchasing and rating sites, where we have earned “100% positive” reviews and testimonials.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Absolutely terrible experience with this company. I purchased a $6000 cartier watch over the phone. The man that I spoke to over the phone seemed pretty smug from the beginning, which should of been my first indication that this is not a good company to do business with. I asked what the return policy was, since I had never seen the watch before. The man that I spoke to said that returns were easy and that I would be responsible for the return shipping fee. Upon receiving the watch, I decided that the look was not for me. Within 2 day of receiving it, my husband called to get a return authorization, at which point, we were notified that there would be a 3% restocking fee. Why was this never mentioned over the phone when I specifically asked about the return policy? When my husband called and inquired about the 3% over the phone, the same man who sold me the watch blatantly lied and told my husband that he did tell me about the restocking fee, but that maybe I didn't hear him because I "talked over him a lot." I am shocked that a company like this is still in business. They have zero customer service and are flat out rude. I would never do business with this company again for any reason and I highly recommend that others due the same. There are too many other companies out there that will give outstanding customer service, which is how it should be when spending thousands of dollars!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Switch watch expo

Looked all over SWE site to see all the condition ratings but could not find
My ? Is they use excellent as a condition but do not advise the characteristics
Is mint also a condition they use ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts