Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How many of us Freeks get up at 4a on the morning after Thanksgiving to brave the rabid Black Friday crowds, in search of the super deal? Was it worth your trouble?
I have never personally done it, but the 50" plasma deal at Walmart tomorrow morning has piqued my interest.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

My wife and I have done that many times in the past years.

But since my son was born almost 3 years ago it has been harder to drag him out with me.

So for the past few years we have looked at all of specials going on and one of us has gone out alone to try to get the deals for the holidays. Normally it is me that goes.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Normally, I avoid all Black Friday "stuff".

However, I went up to Manhattan, 2 years ago, and went shopping there on Black Friday.

NOTHING could have prepared me for Black Friday in mid- to lower-Manhattan!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

absolutley not......i cant deal with the crowds like that, and these people act like animals.......its insane....people waiting outside like a pack of wolves just to get the 50 bucks off a tv or the new video game for their kid, and they all trample each other to get to it.........insane and not for me......

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

I did it when the kids were little. Now I go out later in the day if I have time and just window show for super deals without any of the pressure.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

I did it once a few years ago & I swore NEVER again...I've discovered since then that online stores try to compete with a bricks & mortar store and there are some wonderful bargains to be found in cyberspace...Just FYI, many online stores make their sales available on Thanksgiving Day...

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I will go out and shop but not real early in the morning. I know people say that is when you get the best deals but I won't mess with the chaos at that early time in the morning.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
How many of us Freeks get up at 4a on the morning after Thanksgiving to brave the rabid Black Friday crowds, in search of the super deal? Was it worth your trouble?
 I have never personally done it, but the 50" plasma deal at Walmart tomorrow morning has piqued my interest.

"Tomorrow"??? Isnt it next week? lol

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
imported post

I always do Black Friday. Even if I have nothing to get. I love seeing the people standing and argueing about stuff they have to get and where they have to go. Love it.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
imported post

After working a lot of retail jobs when I was youngerI refuse to go out then. People just go crazy. They turn into animals. Normal soccer moms turn into rude crazed beasts. Plus trying to find a parking spot ha!! forget about it. Ill just buy online.

·
Registered
48 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
absolutley not......i cant deal with the crowds like that, and these people act like animals.......its insane....people waiting outside like a pack of wolves just to get the 50 bucks off a tv or the new video game for their kid, and they all trample each other to get to it.........insane and not for me......
Same here . . . people just get toooooo weird!

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . went out last year, mid-morning, because my subwoofer had blown up the night before. Figured I could grab a deal and head home. Pulled up to a light in the left turn lane . . . and got blasted in the passenger side by some lady in a hurry to get to where-ever!!! Totalled the car!!!

Worse part. . . . I had jumped in Wifey's little Honda coupe to make the run . . . . . . . . . . Not good.

No, I'm not going to Black Friday again . . . Thanks anyways!

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
I did it once a few years ago & I swore NEVER again...I've discovered since then that online stores try to compete with a bricks & mortar store and there are some wonderful bargains to be found in cyberspace...Just FYI, many online stores make their sales available on Thanksgiving Day...
I'd rather go fishing, and Duchess isn't it usually Black Monday when they have the deals on the web???

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
Duchess isn't it usually Black Monday when they have the deals on the web???
Yes, they refer to it as Cyber Monday & it's supposed to be the online version of real life Black Friday...Many stores are now making their BF sales available to online shoppers on Thanksgiving tho & I don't expect this year to be any different, they all want your money & are prepared to go to great lengths to get it, expect big markdowns & many offers for free shipping.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Never did Black Friday and never, ever will!!! Absolutely too freegin crazy for me!!! Like Ron says, no deal is worth it! Well............ maybe if there was a Harley with my name on it................... maybe!

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

OH HEELLLLLLL NO!!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

ericf4 wrote:
TUNAKLLR wrote:

I should have clarified Eric, some stores are having an "early" black friday.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
TUNAKLLR wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
TUNAKLLR wrote:

I should have clarified Eric, some stores are having an "early" black friday.
You had me so screwed up over this whole deal, I pulled the Turkey out of the freezer and stuck it in the fridge. The wife said to me this morning WTF was I doing, I explained too her she forgot to take it out so i took it out. She gave me that blank stare and says too me You Dumb Muther F'er Thanks Giving is next week!!! All i could do was laugh!!!
SORRY RIP.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts