Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Bronze cleans up super quick and easy with Brasso and soft toothbrush.

Then wash with soap and water.

Dents easier than SS. It's much easier and faster to build watches with bronze than SS because it's not as strong/hard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't had to clean mine yet, I bought it like 2 months ago and wore it about 10 times and still looks like new, I do have Brasso and a soft toothbrush if I'll need them :thumbs up: thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I'd never "clean" my Bronze watches. The patina that develops as it ages is what Bronze is all about...IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I have not and never will.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
I never polish mine. I am allowing it to develop a natural patina. It is a very slow process.

This is an old picture, but the patina has not developed much since it was taken.

Lum-Tec M53

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I never polish mine. I am allowing it to develop a natural patina. It is a very slow process.

This is an old picture, but the patina has not developed much since it was taken.

Lum-Tec M53

It depends on the composition of bronze, the amount of moisture and humidity it comes in contact with and your skin as well. Some people have a high acid content and the bronze will patina much faster. Also depends on how much you wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
although I don't have a bronze case watch, I have seen my friend polish his bronze watch.
it is quite easily to dent the bronze

1 - 9 of 9 Posts