Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My daily routine (ritual) is to go into my man cave every evening and wind up all my automatic and mechanical watches. I also look over my quartz pieces and make sure they are all running up to par. This ritual involves shining all my bracelets, crystals, and cases. I do this while listening to my favorite songs on my MP3 Player. I know I sound a little strange, but does anybody else do anything similar to this?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Certainly, wake up put on watch, easy!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Not really a daily routine . . .

I have times, about every 3-4 weeks, I will take all my watches off of their winders and out of the watch box and polish them all. I usually do this while watching a game (football, hockey), or a car race.

Otherwise, if I wear a watch more than 3 days in a row, I will take the time to give it a thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I wish I had enough to develop a routine, I only have six so far and only two of those are autos.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

every other day I wind mechanicals and automatics I also rotate on 3 watch winders. usuallywear a differant watch each day and clean it before putting it into a case.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

I usually get up. Try to wipe out the eye boogers. Change my watch and.........

..........Sometime later in the day, A. make sure it's running. and B. make sure it has the correct date.

T.

·
Registered
185 Posts
imported post

We only have one car now so I have to take my wife to work at 8 AM, Monday through Friday. When I get home, I brew a fresh mug of coffee and take it into the loft where my few winders are stored. I make sure all the watches are still running and that none with hard to set complications have stopped. This takes but a few minutes so it isn't a big deal. I hate to re-set moon phases, day and date combos and the like so this short task eliminates the need for that most of the time.

On the first Monday of the month I fully wind all automatics not on winders and set the date and time as needed. Most are stored in the 12 watch boxes Lior used to sell from time to time so the task is not hard to complete. I pay very little attention to the quartz powered watches unless I plan to wear one that day. When that happens I will make sure all in the box are still running and that's about it. The winding process usually takes about an hour so Pink Floyd breaks the silence and monotony.

I have a six watch box on my chest of drawers in the bedroom that holds the current rotation. When I change one of them, it goes into one of the cases in the loft and I bring the new watch down.

The routine helps keep me on a schedule and provides a constant reminder of what is in my dwindling collection.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

my routine is pretty simple. As I am getting dressed each day and putting on my pants, shirt, shoes, etc, I sit on our bed and face my watch boxes and look at my watches. I literally think about what I am wearing, what I have going on that day, who I will be meeting with, what I will be doing at different times throughout the day, and then just see which watch "sings" to me. I love that moment when I just KNOW that I will be wearing THAT watch. I pull it out and then grab my polishing cloth and shine it up and slide it on.

Only then am I ready to go to work and start my day officially.

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

I know Ron is going to RIP IT but here goes! Every evening i pick out my watch for the next day ( alot of forums start postin' "on the wrist" at 12:00am eastern, 9:00pm for us west coast boys) then got jeans down that dont change ralph laurenblue jeans, now the tuff part got to pick a polo shirt with colors that bring out the dial,"make it pop", roll with vans or some sort of tennis shoe, boots if i gotta get off the forums and help my troops in the warehouse! watch, jeans, shoes shirt, would think i'm done but no way baby i wear a hat every day, got 100's of them, so now the hat got to play with the watch, shirt or oh yeah, the shoes!! alright i'm ready to roll!! i get this all up that night, get up about 5am so got everything ready to roll dont want to wakeup the old lady, that just dont make for a good watch day!!:cool:Flame on me brother Ron and tell me that is the gayest $^!t you every heard, hey man what do you expect out of a boy from california!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Cali that his great. I would like to see a pic of your hundreds of hats please....

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

I do nothing really special butI do is polish my watch before I putit away.Next, Itry andchoose a watch that will hopefully match the shirt I plan to wear that day. ....Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts