Watch Freeks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Fossil "Twist" line of watches is an interesting bunch. Though, definitely not what most would call complicated or ground-breaking, they do have a unique "hybrid" movement that combines both quartz and automatic in one unit. The quartz half runs the hour, minute, day & date portion of the display while the second hand is driven by the dedicated automatic mechanical half.

All this works fine together until....the battery runs out. Fossil recommends that you (the consumer) send it to one of their service centers to get the battery changed. At your full expense, of course!

Here is where I step in with this little article. I've serviced many of these for battery changes & thought my fellow WatchFreeks might want to see how the process goes.

Though this article will not cover every possible scenario, this is the basic info needed to get through a basic battery change on your Twist.

Pictures tell the story:

Here's our victim..uh..I mean example.

Four case-back screws, straight forward enough.

Warning or sales pitch from Fossil....

Let's begin.

Get the rotor out of the way to more easily access the rest of the screws.

Move the winding train out of the way.

Remove the bridge plate to reveal the battery. Almost done!

Lift out the battery cell, insert a new cell & re-assemble. That's done! YAY for you!

**** Below is a bonus pic incase you want to remove the whole mov't. for crystal cleaning or whatever.

There ya have it. It goes back together as the reverse of removal.

NOTE: Be UBER careful when placing the bridge plate & winding plate that you engage the alignment pins and confirm that it is absolutely flat against the mating surface BEFORE installing the screws.

Take plenty of time, save the fasteners(screws) and take pride in a job well done. Feels good to save a couple of bucks over the factory service price doesn't it?

:smile-thumb2:

~MrCurt

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Well done and great step by step write up.

:smile-thumb2:

Reactions: MrCurt
1 - 3 of 3 Posts