Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

this touches a nerve with me, so i thought i would discuss it here..........saw an article on aol about a family who brought there baby into a bar, and the people that got aggrivated about it, so a jouralist decided to do an article about it......

so , beyond that, what is your take on that......

here is mine......as i do frequent the bar scene, especially because of my hours i work, when i get done working, its usually around 12 or 1am and sometimes, i am to hyped up to go to bed and go to sleep, so i go to the bar and have a few......

ive been to bars a 9 and 10 ockock at nite and see people with there children , at the bar, when there is a full resturaunt attached to the bar.......why i ask.....

listen, im not trying to offend anyone, but a bar is a place that serves drinks, where, lets be honest, most people go to get drunk, and is not a place for children.....you have to be 21 to enter and drink, so why should they allow children in a bar? sorry, but it does aggrivate me, because if im at a bar, especially a local one, i know i can be myself, have a few drinks, and speak as i wish, , and then if there are children there , i now have to act different and watch what i say, because there are little children there and i dont want to offend anybody.......

like , im sorry, if i wanted to go hang out with children, i would go to chucky cheese, not the local pub.......am i the only one who thinks like this.......

further more, if im in a bar, and parents bring there children there, why should i watch how i talk or what i say, .......they are the ones that brought the children into the atmosphere, why should i now censor myself? i know , im rambling, but when i go to a bar, the last thing i want to hear is children running around or babies crying......

in all other places, i have no choice, resturaunts, stores, etc........but a bar is for adults over the age of 21......a 16 year old is not allowed at the bar, so why is it acceptable for parents to bring a 5 year old into this atmosphere.......

im sorry, but to me, parents bringing there kids to a bar is trashy at best.......if you cant afford a babysitter, stay home, and if you want to go out and have a few drinks, do it at a resturaunt, not at a damn bar...... a bar is for adults, not children........bottom line.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
None of my business, Right or wrong there is NOTHING I can do about it.
Ron, you are right, i was just looking for others opinions, as i just read the article and wanted to vent and post about it...........i can do nothing about it either, except get up and leave and go somewhere else if i choose to, but not only do i find it to be somewhat legally wrong, but morally wrong to subject ones children to that atmosphere............

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I hear you man, but if there is one thing I truly understand is

"YOU CANT FIX STUPID"

Here is my simple philosophy if I am out, I talk how I talk, if you are in my house I talk how I talk. In either case if you dont like it F*$k off!

tattoo chef wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Ron, you are right, i was just looking for others opinions, as i just read the article and wanted to vent and post about it...........i can do nothing about it either, except get up and leave and go somewhere else if i choose to, but not only do i find it to be somewhat legally wrong, but morally wrong to subject ones children to that atmosphere............

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I will chime in as I have about 20+ years of experience in the restaurant/bar industry.

If it is primarily a restaurant, but turns over into primarily a bar at some set time, then that is when all kids should go. For example the establishment is open till 2am. Dinner service goes until 10pm. After 10pm bands start, or only bar food service available, then it is a 21 and a bar from 10pm to close. Pretty simple.

Places that are just bars have a set rule - 21 years and older, so that one is easy.

This problem really only happens at establishment that have food, because that is the adults excuse to have their kids with them - they came out to eat. No one takes their kids to a place that is only a bar and has no food at all.

Next, in states where there is still smoking allowed in restaurants or bars, it just seems crazy to have young children or babies there to suck in all of that smoke. Amazingly unsafe and unhealthy, even more so then all of the friend foods we eat.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I hear you man, but if there is one thing I truly understand is

"YOU CANT FIX STUPID"

Here is my simple philosophy if I am out, I talk how I talk, if you are in my house I talk how I talk. In either case if you dont like it F*$k off!

tattoo chef wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
I GET that, and that is how i am.......bottom line, i am what i am.......and i talk how im going to talk, but in these situations, if im flying off out the mouth, at a bar, and there are children there with their parents, im the one who ends up looking like an ass, because of how i was talking or what was said........and i think to myself.......im in a fucking bar!!!, if i cant talk how i want to in a bar, wich in most places is, nothing is really offensive, why the hell am i going to a bar in the first place anymore........

i just think it is really stupid for people to bring there children to a bar, both for the patrons and the children themselves.....damn stupid people!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I will chime in as I have about 20+ years of experience in the restaurant/bar industry.

If it is primarily a restaurant, but turns over into primarily a bar at some set time, then that is when all kids should go. For example the establishment is open till 2am. Dinner service goes until 10pm. After 10pm bands start, or only bar food service available, then it is a 21 and a bar from 10pm to close. Pretty simple.

Places that are just bars have a set rule - 21 years and older, so that one is easy.

This problem really only happens at establishment that have food, because that is the adults excuse to have their kids with them - they came out to eat. No one takes their kids to a place that is only a bar and has no food at all.

Next, in states where there is still smoking allowed in restaurants or bars, it just seems crazy to have young children or babies there to suck in all of that smoke. Amazingly unsafe and unhealthy, even more so then all of the friend foods we eat.
James, you are right, on all accounts, but ive been in places where the bar is seperate from the resturaunt, still connected, but seperate, and people bring there kids in there with them.......where a bunch of guys and girls are drinking and having a good time, and in some of these places, food is served, but smoking is still allowed because they serve less food than they do alcohol..........im not talking about a tgifridays or your other chain resturaunts that have bars, but places that are pubs and resturants, where kids are brought into the bar.........there is where i have a problem with it........i just dont see the need for children to be subjected to it, or for me to have to deal with kids running around, while im trying to enjoy a drink with my buddies, ....... i may be wrong, and thats not the first time, but it is how i feel!!

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

I agree Don a bar is no place for children states have laws no one under 21.I would ask the bartender to have the children removed or I would leave. Does he want a paying customer that might never come back or kids there

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

My step grandfather took my to a tiddy bar when I was like 1 yar old. No wonder why I'm so fascinated with boobs...LOL

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
James, you are right, on all accounts, but ive been in places where the bar is seperate from the resturaunt, still connected, but seperate, and people bring there kids in there with them.......where a bunch of guys and girls are drinking and having a good time, and in some of these places, food is served, but smoking is still allowed because they serve less food than they do alcohol..........im not talking about a tgifridays or your other chain resturaunts that have bars, but places that are pubs and resturants, where kids are brought into the bar.........there is where i have a problem with it........i just dont see the need for children to be subjected to it, or for me to have to deal with kids running around, while im trying to enjoy a drink with my buddies, ....... i may be wrong, and thats not the first time, but it is how i feel!!
what you are talking about is bad parenting. Plain and simple.
The parents that allow their kids to be in bars until late hours and/or around a very adult atmosphere (searing, drinking, potential sexual situations) - are just bad parents in my opinion. I can see no example or excuse that would make me feel differently.

I agree that the kids just don't need to be there and the parents should know better.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

as a parent and a Bar person -other than a private party/

-i would NEVER take my kids to a bar

that's almost as bad as the lady with the hamster/hammer thing posted earlier

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . right there with you Don. A bar is no place for children. Period.

People forget their priorities have shifted when they becomeparents and are too selfish to alter their lives to fit. I personally quit drinking and firing dope when my first was born, my run had ended . . . . I was living for another at that point.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

A bar is no place for children/babies...The parents that would bring them into that kind of atmosphere have poop for brains.

·
Registered
241 Posts
imported post

I agree with most said in this thread, but the restaurant busines has created the fuzzy line in which kids seem to be able be with adults in what 25 years ago would havebeen taboo. Sports bars seem to be the biggest draw to families with children. I really don't have an issue with kids eating with partents during the day time hours, but there should be a cut-off. More and more sports bars are opening up to families at all hours. I don't see the trend changing, in fact, the days of adults only drinking establishments are probably numbered. In the US at least.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

GOOD POINT -BUT IT DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT!!! AGAIN THE FABRIC OF THE AMERICAN FAMILY FALLING APART AT THE SEEMS!!!

DingBat wrote:
I agree with most said in this thread, but the restaurant busines has created the fuzzy line in which kids seem to be able be with adults in what 25 years ago would havebeen taboo. Sports bars seem to be the biggest draw to families with children. I really don't have an issue with kids eating with partents during the day time hours, but there should be a cut-off. More and more sports bars are opening up to families at all hours. I don't see the trend changing, in fact, the days of adults only drinking establishments are probably numbered. In the US at least.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Dude i bring my son to the bar with me all the time...he is a chick magnet...lol..here he is getting a new pair of shades for the night out..Rockin the Carreras...

P.S..Just joking I dont think children have a place in a bar...basically thats bad parenting plain and simple..

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

JACK -CUTE KID!!! I BET HE WANTS THE CAR KEYS TOO!!! (DESIGNATED DRIVER!!!) :%:%:%

Jackprime1 wrote:
Dude i bring my son to the bar with me all the time...he is a chick magnet...lol..here he is getting a new pair of shades for the night out..Rockin the Carreras...

P.S..Just joking I dont think children have a place in a bar...basically thats bad parenting plain and simple..

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't give a place that began to allow that my business any longer & I'd be pretty freakin' vocal about it too.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
JACK -CUTE KID!!! I BET HE WANTS THE CAR KEYS TOO!!! (DESIGNATED DRIVER!!!) :%:%:%

Jackprime1 wrote:

Thanks George...Yes He does want the keys already...I have been on the car buying hunt for a new SUV and he goes bananas in these brand new vehicles. He needs to get behind the wheel...I know what im in for George..I did it to my parents...:eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.