Watch Freeks banner

Discussion of Invicta at Walmart

8K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  RipitRon 
#1 ·
imported post

I read an interesting thread at a popular website regarding Walmart carrying Invicta and that some are concerned that this will "devalue" the brand???
Doesn't Invicta and SNBC already devalue the brand? Hasn't the topic of price dropping by SNBC made the rounds more than once? Why would anyone care that Walmart carries the brand when the largest distributor regularly devalues the brand and it appears to be condoned by the manufacturer itself??
Makes no sense; as long SNBC drops their drawers on the pricing it's ok, just don't let Walmart??:eek:

Thoughts?

#28 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Hey think of it this way. If you buy an Invicta at WalMart you can actually hold the watch and examine it with your own eyes before you decide to pull the trigger plus you don't have to pay for shipping Ha Ha LOL!!
Has anyone actually seen more than one Invicta at a Walmart?? Are they carrying a full liine, or closeout items??? Anyone heard if this is a new Vendor for Walmart, or just an occasional watch; like TJMaxx??????????????

#29 ·
imported post

dctex99 wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
Hey think of it this way. If you buy an Invicta at WalMart you can actually hold the watch and examine it with your own eyes before you decide to pull the trigger plus you don't have to pay for shipping Ha Ha LOL!!
Has anyone actually seen more than one Invicta at a Walmart?? Are they carrying a full liine, or closeout items??? Anyone heard if this is a new Vendor for Walmart, or just an occasional watch; like TJMaxx??????????????
I've yet to see an Invicta at Walmart, but then again I rarely walk over to the watch counter so they could be there.

#30 ·
imported post

This topic has definately made the rounds on the various forums for a year or so now. When this first started, I would have said hell yes it devalues the brand no question! HOWEVER, today my feeling is totally opposite from what it once was. Invicta today is all about quantity vs quality. When I first started buying Invictas, the watches were well made and sold for an excellent price. You got a great deal for a well made watch. Now, the quality is no where nearwhat it was and they absolutely whore out the price on them so what you buy today, will eventually be sold for more than half of what you paid for it and that is now happening within a month from the original purchase! So, Wal Mart selling Invictas to me is something like poetic justice. They sell to people that know nothing about watches for a cheap as hell price. They then have the temerity to turn around and sell them on SNBC for a ton more than they do at WalMart and we're told we're getting it for a great deal. Not for me any more, I ain't no sucker!!

#31 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
dctex99 wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
I've yet to see an Invicta at Walmart, but then again I rarely walk over to the watch counter so they could be there.
Like Yourself...

I've yet to see any Invictas in Walmart...

However, I have seen a few of these... :eek:

:%:c:%

#32 ·
imported post

Chux95 wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
dctex99 wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
Like Yourself...

I've yet to see any Invictas in Walmart...

However, I have seen a few of these... :eek:

:%:c:%
OMG, I'm gonna be sick!!! That chick has BOOBS on her BACK!

#33 ·
imported post

Here is what I want too know.

Aside of the Movement issue that Invicta has decided to go down, and the Very debatable Flame Fusion vs Sapphire can someone tell me what Quality issues are evident?

Because I personally dont see it. I also personally feel that FF is truly better as a all around performer to Sapphire. So truly can someone give some real quality comparisons from old to new. I want too here this.

#34 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:

Aside of the Movement issue that Invicta has decided to go down, and the Very debatable Flame Fusion vs Sapphire can someone tell me what Quality issues are evident?

Because I personally dont see it. I also personally feel that FF is truly better as a all around performer to Sapphire. So truly can someone give some real quality comparisons from old to new. I want too here this.
Ron, all you have to do is go to some other forums and read about all the quality problems that many people have had. They are out there and I don't think there are too many that would disagree with that statement. Their QC is spotty at best and I think that's because they have decided, it appears to me, that they are going more for quantity than quality as witnessed by all the complaints at the various forums.

Flame Fusion is nothing new. They simply trademarked that name but in essence it's simply a sapphire coated mineral crystal and that's all and nothing more. In my mind, it isn't and never will be better than a sapphire crystal. I know you don't agree with that but as I say, it's just my opinion.

Ron, you are a huge Invicta fan and that's great, I'm glad that you are! However, you have to realize that there are MANY people out there that simply feel differently about Invicta than you do. Invicta's whoring out their pricing was the last straw for me. What I was able to get for my well taken care of Invicta's was incredibly low and it shouldn't have been that low. All my watches were in excellent shape as I take very good care of them and there are little to no scratches on them. I don't sit at a desk so my watch doesn't drag across the desk top so the clasps and the underside of my bracelets look great. I should have goten more than I did for them. Also, there is a very limited market for Invicta watches that's mainly limited to Invicta owners because the rest of the world knows nothing about Invicta. So you're stuck trying to sell and thus compete with sellers like SNBC that are totally whoring the pricing out on a regular basis. I NEVER expect to make a profit when I sell any watch. However I also don't expect to take it up the arse either, which is usually what happens when someone tries to sell their used Invicta.

Again, I know you don't feel the same way and that's cool. Invicta needs customers like you and that's great. I just won't be one of their customers any more as there are MANY other brands out there that I'm going to start buying.

#35 ·
imported post

CJ: I am with you brother. Seeing the prices fall on Shop NBC on the SAIII not to mention the reserve collection is troubling. When the price of even the 5730 Venom is cut in half it hurts the value of the brand. Will Invicta end up as Walmarts new Timex?

Barry

#36 ·
imported post

I agree and I hate the way the FF crystal sticks up much higher than the Saphire crystal. I can hold two SAIII's up side to side for comparrison and my four FF watches stick up much higher than the saphire on my 5431 auto. They dismiss it but it is a big deal when they charge 6% of the retail value to replace a crystal.

Barry

#39 ·
imported post

Blueknight wrote:
Brian: that was funny.. I could swear the last guy was Randy "macho man" Savagefrom the old WWF wrestling....
I thought it was TVDinner doing some late night undercover price comparisons.....:%

#40 ·
imported post

It isnt so much that I am a huge Invicta fan, as it is that Nobody has any real documented proof that the Quality of the average watch is Crap. IMHO what you have here is a Bunch of People, who have received some faulty components in there watch and then Spew $hit out of there mouth and then the Watch snobs pour gas on it. But nobody seam to be able to point out what makes their watches so bad. It cracks me up, where I here the bandwagon jumpers get on their soapbox.

I tend too take all this spewing crap that is spread, and sift through it and make my own judgement based on fact. As I have stated I am blowing apart a master calendar SAN III, let me say this there isnt anything wrong with the engineering of the watch. A typical nobody can point out any sugnificant issues, just a few errors, and or QC mistakes Wooooooooo. So is Toyota now the worst car company in the world?

P.S. It does matter if it is Watches, cars, planes or trains I dont defend if there is proof otherwise!

sheraortho wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

Ron, all you have to do is go to some other forums and read about all the quality problems that many people have had. They are out there and I don't think there are too many that would disagree with that statement. Their QC is spotty at best and I think that's because they have decided, it appears to me, that they are going more for quantity than quality as witnessed by all the complaints at the various forums.

Flame Fusion is nothing new. They simply trademarked that name but in essence it's simply a sapphire coated mineral crystal and that's all and nothing more. In my mind, it isn't and never will be better than a sapphire crystal. I know you don't agree with that but as I say, it's just my opinion.

Ron, you are a huge Invicta fan and that's great, I'm glad that you are! However, you have to realize that there are MANY people out there that simply feel differently about Invicta than you do. Invicta's whoring out their pricing was the last straw for me. What I was able to get for my well taken care of Invicta's was incredibly low and it shouldn't have been that low. All my watches were in excellent shape as I take very good care of them and there are little to no scratches on them. I don't sit at a desk so my watch doesn't drag across the desk top so the clasps and the underside of my bracelets look great. I should have goten more than I did for them. Also, there is a very limited market for Invicta watches that's mainly limited to Invicta owners because the rest of the world knows nothing about Invicta. So you're stuck trying to sell and thus compete with sellers like SNBC that are totally whoring the pricing out on a regular basis. I NEVER expect to make a profit when I sell any watch. However I also don't expect to take it up the arse either, which is usually what happens when someone tries to sell their used Invicta.

Again, I know you don't feel the same way and that's cool. Invicta needs customers like you and that's great. I just won't be one of their customers any more as there are MANY other brands out there that I'm going to start buying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.