Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a DH 1970 in August 2020 and I'm not satisfied by the product to say the least.
In the FAQ sections, the Dan Henry 1970 is defined as "designed for heavy marine use". Even though it is actually water proof and I'll never go scuba diving with it, there is no way to get the inner rotating bezel to stay put: every time I look at my watch it has randomly rotated somewhere else and therefore it is impossible to rely on it.
That's not the worse aspect of this issue: I got in contact with the support and I got told that it is normal and it would get harder with time.
I got back to them again today, and this was their answer:

Hi pedro1991,

they are all the same and we can not do anything about it...

Sincerely,
Dan
It's been 5 month now, and it did not get harder..
I've now asked for a refund which I doubt they'll agree to and I don't know how to get my rights fullfilled since I live in Italy.
Am I the only one in this situation? What would you advise me to do (beside never buying from dan herny again?)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I bought a DH 1970 in August 2020 and I'm not satisfied by the product to say the least.
In the FAQ sections, the Dan Henry 1970 is defined as "designed for heavy marine use". Even though it is actually water proof and I'll never go scuba diving with it, there is no way to get the inner rotating bezel to stay put: every time I look at my watch it has randomly rotated somewhere else and therefore it is impossible to rely on it.
That's not the worse aspect of this issue: I got in contact with the support and I got told that it is normal and it would get harder with time.

I've now asked for a refund which I doubt they'll agree to and I don't know how to get my rights fullfilled since I live in Italy.
Am I the only one in this situation? What would you advise me to do (beside never buying from dan herny again?)

Thanks!
Hi Pedro,
I also had a bad experience with Dan Henry Watches and have shared my experience with others on this forum. I've attached the link to the discussion if you'd like to read it. Because of my poor experience with DH, I regret having purchased my 1970 and will eventually sell it. Their customer service is by far the worst I've dealt with in my 30 years of watch collecting.

My lousy experience with Dan Henry Watches quality...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi rh, I actually found this forum by looking for similar experience and landing on your topic :)
I'm also thinking about selling it if (as I'm pretty confident) I won't be refunded. I'll definitely lose money though, as I'll have to tell the buyer about this issue.
My only hope is to wait until this batch is over and try selling it once the new styles will be out, so that mine will be OOP..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
My 1970 bezel moves around too on its own but yours sounds even worse than mine. I expect I will lose money too when I sell mine but I have to sell it because every time I look at it, I'm reminded of the nightmare experience I had with their QC and Customer Service. I learned a tough lesson about impulse buying. Never again.......

·
Registered
914 Posts
I have nothing to offer but support and thanks to both of you for bringing this issue to our attention. I know that I will never purchase one of their watches because of your stories.

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Thanks!
A little due diligence goes a long way... I don't remember anything saying that the watch had a screw down crown for the bezel or that it had any kind of clicking or locking mechanism whatsoever when I bought mine. Maybe something you may have wanted to check on before you purchased no ???:rolleyes:
For your own safety, I'd recommend that you look into a dive computer, because nobody in their right mind uses an analog watch to go scuba diving these days.o_O

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
There are several DH 1970 watches for sale on eBay right now. Most of them have buy it now prices that are higher than when new, in some case double that. The two auctions that have active bidders (and are live as I type this), are both going to sell for well over $200, so I think you can indeed get most if not all of your money back. Until recently, DH had an excellent reputation.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
There are several DH 1970 watches for sale on eBay right now. Most of them have buy it now prices that are higher than when new, in some case double that. The two auctions that have active bidders (and are live as I type this), are both going to sell for well over $200, so I think you can indeed get most if not all of your money back. Until recently, DH had an excellent reputation.
Thanks for the info Eric.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
No problem - Roarry, forza, I, and others too that I'm forgetting, were pleasantly surprised with our watches, I bought a couple! So, it's a bummer to hear these complaints.
Had I not had the QC and Customer Service issues I had, I'd probably keep it in my collection but unfortunately it brings back too many bad memories. Every other watch in my collection brings back good memories.....the way it should be!!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Had I not had the QC and Customer Service issues I had, I'd probably keep it in my collection but unfortunately it brings back too many bad memories. Every other watch in my collection brings back good memories.....the way it should be!!
I hear ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts