Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is unlike me, I did not buy a single thing this round!!! I cant believe it!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I didn't either. I liked the SAN III with the platinum dial, but I resisted the urge to pull the trigger.
That is one of the only watches that tempted me! I am not a huge MOP person but that watch looked good!

·
Registered
29 Posts
imported post

Didn't buy anything either. I watched some of the shows, it was really too much. Most of my purchases lately have been from online sites.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately there is nothing within the current selections or multiple variations of that interest me. I am becoming less and less interested in Invicta.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Same here, all of what was played up with so much BS proved to be NOT good enough deals for me, or what was possibly a good deal was still priced out of my range, or was not my style.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I didn't either. I liked the SAN III with the platinum dial, but I resisted the urge to pull the trigger.

I would have took one of these, but I could no way afford it.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

I seem to like the older Invicta models much more than much of what I seen on this sales event. I might be wrong on this but did the pricing seem better durring their Spring Forward event. I remember purchasing an ani-digi Sea Spider at a good price durring that event. What do you think? ....Bob

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

They have beaten the SAN IIIs to death and there watch designers went on vacation.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
That is one of the only watches that tempted me! I am not a huge MOP person but that watch looked good!
I feel the same way. If I were to add a MOP dial to my collection I think this would be the one.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
I feel the same way. If I were to add a MOP dial to my collection I think this would be the one.
Yes that watch was Smokin, I am generally the last person too jump on a MOP dial but wow!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Bob wrote:
I seem to like the older Invicta models much more than much of what I seen on this sales event. I might be wrong on this but did the pricing seem better durring their Spring Forward event. I remember purchasing an ani-digi Sea Spider at a good price durring that event. What do you think? ....Bob
You're right, the prices were driven up higher to capitalize on the gifting season!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Bob wrote:
Comparing the Sea Spider to the SAN III isnt a good comparison Bob. Thats comparing Apples to Oranges, the SAN III has too be twice the cost to MFG then the Sea Spider especially that one!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Bob wrote:
Comparing the Sea Spider to the SAN III isnt a good comparison Bob. Thats comparing Apples to Oranges, the SAN III has too be twice the cost to MFG then the Sea Spider especially that one!
Hi Ron, I was not comparing the Sea Spider to the Subaqua Noma. Iwas asking if the pricing seemedbetter at The Spring Forward event. I purchased a timepiece back than and only mentioned the Sea Spider, which was what I purchased. ....Bob

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

I actually thought the prices where pretty damned good.

S1 touring $279
SAN III's for less then $400.00

Thats just a couple that peeked my interest, but as a whole I think the pricing was right in line with what they have done all year long. I think you are getting less for the same money, with the Isa craze, but a Swiss Quartz is a swiss Quartz IMO. Sure some have better features then others, but the Chrono's have been played too death anyways. I think Invicta has done a great job of keeping the prices down, even reducing some too a point that it pisses some people off.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I actually thought the prices where pretty damned good.

S1 touring $279
SAN III's for less then $400.00

Thats just a couple that peeked my interest, but as a whole I think the pricing was right in line with what they have done all year long. I think you are getting less for the same money, with the Isa craze, but a Swiss Quartz is a swiss Quartz IMO. Sure some have better features then others, but the Chrono's have been played too death anyways. I think Invicta has done a great job of keeping the prices down, even reducing some too a point that it pisses some people off.
Your right, maybe it was just the models that were offered or too many quartz watches this time around. BUT, I did like the S1 touring edition. I would like to see an automatic Touring S1. ....Bob

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

I dont think we will ever see this, and the main reason is the watch signature is its dial. This would be hard to achieve with a 3 hand or even a Val 7750!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts