Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a very cool Hammy sunset on WUS this morning for just $125. It should be here in a few days. I had that same model a few years ago and really liked it...should have kept it. If my memory is right, I believe that it has an ETA 2893 that supposedly runs excellent (+2/24) and is in great condition except for one little issue...the crown no longer screws down.

Does anyone know how I might get help repairing that? I wouldn't be happy wearing it with the crown out even if it runs great so I'd like to get that corrected. I'd like to avoid using Hamilton for service if I can and try to keep my cost as low as I can but I'd like it fixed properly. Anyone here have a suggestion or possibly feel like they can fix this problem?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I don't think you threw your money away; any watchmaker worth his or her salt could fix that crown issue. Regardless, that's one hell of a steal on a Hammy!

Reactions: Mesh Guy

·
Banned
754 Posts
I'll hit you up on FB on my break. Rick Hoover from Current Time Watch Works can fix that. He's a true professional with a quick turn around. Even sent me video of a watch he fixed for me (without me asking). Check my friends list on FB and look up his CTWW page. He can work on any piece from Rolex and Omega, to TV brands and whatever.

Reactions: scotty

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll hit you up on FB on my break. Rick Hoover from Current Time Watch Works can fix that. He's a true professional with a quick turn around. Even sent me video of a watch he fixed for me (without me asking). Check my friends list on FB and look up his CTWW page. He can work on any piece from Rolex and Omega, to TV brands and whatever.

Very cool. Thanks, bud!

·
Super Moderator
12,832 Posts
Definitely don't think you threw your money away Nate. Doesn't sound like a huge problem. Probably any of those places the guys mentioned would help you out. Or even a local watchmaker like Vostok Guy mentioned. :)
..Keep us posted if you can, and good luck here !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts