Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have always wanted an Invicta Ocean Ghost II automatic. Even though I'm done buying Invicta I could not resist the urge to pick up an OGII for $40. This was a great deal and I'm sure if I don't keep this watch for myself I can gift it to one of my co-workers or family members. This deal is probably still available at Overstock.com. If you want one hurry and pick one up. I didn't seemuch else out there that was a great deal. Here is the link:

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Invicta-Mens-Ocean-Ghost-Automatic-Steel-Watch/1659669/product.html?IID=prod1659669&sec_iid=38831

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

No, but I am very deep in the NBZ. I did however receive both the Seiko Monster and Citizen Orca today. Combined with my Super C purchase from yesterday and the Android my wife bought me for Christmas I will be in the NBZ until future notice. This is the most watches I have ever gotten in this short of a time. :madd

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
No, but I am very deep in the NBZ. I did however receive both the Seiko Monster and Citizen Orca today. Combined with my Super C purchase from yesterday and the Android my wife bought me for Christmas I will be in the NBZ until future notice. This is the most watches I have ever gotten in this short of a time. :madd
:%:lol:cIt's time to set a new record. This was a bad week for me as well.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Seriously. I would have to sneak and buy and have delivered to the office or I would have permanent residence in the dog house. Of course I guess I could sneak but I am going to try to be a good husband.

Watchguru58 wrote:
UKWolfeman wrote:
I am for real in the NBZ until I buy the Viperfish or Debaufre Triton. My last purchase is my bracelet for my NFW AutoPilot which I expect back sometime this week.
Come on Mike what's one more. Everybody's doing it:%:lol:c

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Seriously. I would have to sneak and buy and have delivered to the office or I would have permanent residence in the dog house. Of course I guess I could sneak but I am going to try to be a good husband.

Watchguru58 wrote:
UKWolfeman wrote:
I am for real in the NBZ until I buy the Viperfish or Debaufre Triton. My last purchase is my bracelet for my NFW AutoPilot which I expect back sometime this week.
You have no idea how much trouble I'm in. I had to promise not to buy another watch until 2010 or she was going to grab a golf club and go Tiger Woods on me.:wf

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I picked up 2 of the Ocean Ghosts (one old version and one new)for gifts. That is about it ..... so far.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I'm also pretty much done with Invicta too but I also love the OG. Congrats on a reall good snag!

I didn't buy anything as I'm still selling my watches to get the Breitling!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
UKWolfeman wrote:

Watchguru58 wrote:
UKWolfeman wrote:
You have no idea how much trouble I'm in. I had to promise not to buy another watch until 2010 or she was going to grab a golf club and go Tiger Woods on me.:wf
:%:lol:cI keep saying I'm done and then another pops up. I really need to learn some self-control. This week I purchased the Orange Monster, a Watch Box, and an OGII. Last week I got the Accutron and a Chinese Made automatic. The week before that I got the Citizen Eco-Drive. I think I have to disconnect all my electronic devices. I too am in the dog house right now. I knew I would never get through Black Friday and Cyber Monday without a few purchases. The good news is that I haven't picked up anything from ShopNBC for 3-4 months now.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/UPw-3e_pzqU&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]Watchguru58 wrote:
Spaceview wrote:
UKWolfeman wrote:

Watchguru58 wrote:
UKWolfeman wrote:
:%:lol:cI keep saying I'm done and then another pops up. I really need to learn some self-control. This week I purchased the Orange Monster, a Watch Box, and an OGII. Last week I got the Accutron and a Chinese Made automatic. The week before that I got the Citizen Eco-Drive. I think I have to disconnect all my electronic devices. I too am in the dog house right now. I knew I would never get through Black Friday and Cyber Monday without a few purchases. The good news is that I haven't picked up anything from ShopNBC for 3-4 months now.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I didnt even by the Mid Akula last night, so no I am in Race car part mode still. I did buy a set of Strange adjustable drag shocks, designed and started building the 4 link set-up. Now i am waiting for my Strange 9" rearend housing to arrive.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
I didn't know they made a Swiss Made Grand Diver. You will have to post some pics when you get it.
Yeah, it's pretty sweet!

http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?familyid=J173390&track=-10452&cm_re=Z7-_-RV2-_-J177898

I'm getting the yellow dial. I'm not a real fan of rubber in the bracelet, but I'll give it a shot. If not, I have an all SS GD bracelet that I can swap on.
That is very cool. Crap I wish you hadn't shown me that. I'm trying to avoid Invicta, but they keep making great watches at affordable prices. You would never find an SW200 movement in any other brand for under $500. That is a great deal. Thanks for sharing. The bracelet on that is cool too. I have a Nixon with the same style of bracelet. I love it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Nothing today (well, worked out a trade)!

Got the tourbillon on Saturday, got my Renato Wilde-Beast last week, traded for a Swiss Made Grand Diver this evening, and bought the Croton for my Daughter.

I'm good. :)
Dad-GUM! You are on a roll! I haven't seen THAT watch since forever!

Congrats on some VERY nice pieces.

I picked up a Renato (2nd hand) and an Oris TT1. I think I'm done for a while. Maybe I can do something with my tax refund (if I get one), but the Croton Tungsten OTV is probably a dead deal for me... It's 12.7 and I think it will be WORSE than Pearl Harbor around here if I buy THAT one too!:%

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
CurrentTime wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
I didn't know they made a Swiss Made Grand Diver. You will have to post some pics when you get it.
Yeah, it's pretty sweet!

http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?familyid=J173390&track=-10452&cm_re=Z7-_-RV2-_-J177898

I'm getting the yellow dial. I'm not a real fan of rubber in the bracelet, but I'll give it a shot. If not, I have an all SS GD bracelet that I can swap on.
That is very cool. Crap I wish you hadn't shown me that. I'm trying to avoid Invicta, but they keep making great watches at affordable prices. You would never find an SW200 movement in any other brand for under $500. That is a great deal. Thanks for sharing. The bracelet on that is cool too. I have a Nixon with the same style of bracelet. I love it.
You're welcome, Rob.

I saw a few on eBay, but never snagged one.

When I saw this one tonight (for trade), I hesitated for a minute, then jumped on it. It fits so many of my requirements . . . 47mm Swiss Made Auto Diver for under $500!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.