Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Operation El Cheapo complete! So here’s the backstory. Watches are part of my trident of material happiness (Motorcycles, Guns, Watches). I needed a solid work watch that was rugged, decent looking, automatic So I went with the defender 1000 model in black with green dial $259MSRP minus 40% discount and I had a pretty solid watch at $159. The watch came with a black nylon NATO style strap. I had some Horween Chromexcel leather laying around and decided to do a strap. So $159 out the door for a good looking automatic watch with a Horween strap. Not too shabby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That leather strap works well and looks nice. The black one was just too much... black

I don’t mind having some all black pieces, but it was my first one piece NATO style strap and turns out I’m not a fan of those. It’s a tall watch already and the NATO one piece adds 2 layers of nylon below the case so it sat even higher. Being a leather worker I had the hide on hand and figured. Why not? I used the hardware from the stock strap so it cost me nothing but some scrap leather and time. I agree it looks better after though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,690 Posts
Now that is just the best Sticky ! :thumb::thumb: ..Seriously, you just made
a strap for your watch like it was nothing ! :eek2:

Really is remarkable, and something to see. ..I mean the watch looked
sharp before, but now it looks even sharper, and almost Kobold-like,
or something. Well done Sticky !

Thanks so much for the look, and cool play by play of everything !!!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Sticky:
My Trident of happiness are 1,. Martin acoustic standard and bass geetars. 2.Kickarse Diver watches with straps like the one on your DB. 3 Texas Black Angus Beefsteaks.

Lou Snutt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts