Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There, I picked up a Hamilton Khaki Aviation Khaki Pilot GMT Auto online... I was pretty surprised to find a massive dial error! I know that if this was a Rolex it would be a biiiiiig deal... but I'm not so sure if that would be the case with Hamilton? Any thoughts or ideas?

Is it a super rare find or worth sending back for a new dial on warranty!

Interested to know what you think as I'm fairly new to watch appreciation!

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
Yeah, it’s weird that this could even happen at the actual
Hamilton right?! 😮 I mean aren’t these dials checked, and
double, and triple checked. Not to mention probably done
by machines?! o_O

Yup, would just send it back like everyone is saying, but
of course, you can do whatever you like. 🙂

It’s such a cool watch, not to mention very cool to have
you here. Welcome to WF !

·
Aspiring Expert
2,032 Posts
Hey, Isn't that a genuine Hanlton?!? ;)

·
Senior Novice
3,281 Posts
Hey Morton, welcome to the forum. If was a Rolex I'd keep it just like that, since it's a Hanlton I'd send it back.
That something you just don't see though, funny.

·
Aspiring Expert
2,032 Posts
It kind of sounds like a "street" con, "Hey, do you have two 20's for a 10?"... :cool:

·
Long Time Member
403 Posts
I just can't see Hamilton allowing this to happen... My guess, it's a fake.

·
Oris Freek
3,823 Posts
He must mean bezel error? Wait there's two 20s on the dial, at 4 o'clock and a mistake at 5 o'clock.
Nice catch. I have the same watch. I thought he was talking about the countdown bezel. Alot of people think that is backward. But it's not. Yeah, It's useless. Send it back. Oh, and welcome to the forum. Where stuff like this happens all the time. :)

·
Registered
Tag Heuer Carrera
75 Posts
Buying a watch online with such mistake will definitely raise a BIG concern on its authenticity... good luck in returning it and I would even recommend not to ask for a replacement from same seller !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi All, thanks for the warm welcome!

I should have mentioned where I purchased it from... It was a bargain from TK (TJ if you are from America I believe) Maxx. I'm reliably informed they buy overstock from Goldsmiths so it is extremely unlikely to be fake.

Loving the idea of blackmailing Hamilton 🤣... will give that a try for sure! Or maybe stash it at the back of a cupboard until this model is discontinued and Hamilton become more sought after.

I really wasn't sure how common this kind of mistake was so thanks for confirming it doesn't seem to happen often!

Probably the only good thing from '2020'

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
Personally, I would keep it. It's a mistake, which doesn't happen often in Swiss watchmaking. Granted, it's not a Rolex double 9, but it's still cool :)

·
Aspiring Expert
2,032 Posts
Personally, I would keep it. It's a mistake, which doesn't happen often in swiss watcmaking. Granted, it's not a Rolex double 9, but it's still cool :)

Did anyone notice the jump cut of the minute hand moving backwards at 5:20?

And that Rolex used a Bulova Astronaut minute hand from the '60s on that model???

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
Personally, I would keep it. It's a mistake, which doesn't happen often in swiss watcmaking. Granted, it's not a Rolex double 9, but it's still cool :)

Did anyone notice the jump cut of the minute hand moving backwards at 5:20?

And that Rolex used a Bulova Astronaut minute hand from the '60s on that model???

Wow, am thinking the mistake really is a cool thing now after what
you said there FB, and also watching that video. :D It's almost like
this charming limited edition that is just fun, along with a really great
conversation starter, or piece. (y)(y)

Yeah, maybe just enjoy it Morton ! :)

Oh, and Steve, it looks like they did an edit with the video right at
that point you are talking about. If you look close, the entire dial
moves, or shifts sir. ;)

Didn't know that about the Astronaut second hand being used on
these either ! 🤯o_O

·
108 Posts
That’s crazy. I would call it a fake but are Hamilton’s ever faked? I doubt if they paint each dial individually so it’s strange how this one made it thru. Not sure if I would hang onto it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
That’s crazy. I would call it a fake but are Hamilton’s ever faked? I doubt if they paint each dial individually so it’s strange how this one made it thru. Not sure if I would hang onto it.
Yes, they do. If you want to see it, simply type "replica hamilton watch" into your favourite search engine...

I've seen faked Vostoks coming out of China, the old style ones they sell for $75, so they'll likely fake anything that will make them 1 centime.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts