Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A term that is used a lot but some might not know what it refers to.

Desk Diving:
A term used in the watch collecting community to refer to scuffs, scratches, and wear to a watches bracelet received while sitting at an office desk. These marks are considered normal wear and tear and are usually received while typing as the bracelet rubs the desk. The term comes from the popularity of diving watches that are worn not for diving purposes, but for aesthetic ones in the office.

For example: "This watch looks brand new except for some desk diving marks on the bracelet."

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

watchcollector1968 wrote:
I guess under that definition, I am a professional diver :)
lol - me to sadly!

but recently I almost always take my watch off when working on my computer at work and lay it down next to me.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

I have always taken my watch off when I feel that it interferes with my writing, typing or anything else that could scratch it. (I write left handed, but also wear my watch on my left wrist. An exception) I just don't see the point of marring one of my time pieces. Can you say.................. neurotic! LOL! My wife used to like to tap on the crystal when looking at my watch. I killed that ............. quick!!! She thinks I'm crazy. I KNOW I'm crazy!!!!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
imported post

Don't have any of those kinds of scratches on my watches. I'm a construction worker and never wear a watch on the job. The watch wouldn't last the day.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I NEVER wear my watches when I'm doing my desk work ( fortunately isn't very often) to keep from getting those marks. None of my watches have desk diving marks on them!

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

I got em on mine even though we have rubber anti static mats on our work stations. and I wear a lab coat, still don't know how I get em???

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
imported post

This is why I change watches when I get to work. Not just d-diving but it would get destroyed. I'm kinda like Mr. Rogers but instead of sweaters its watches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts