Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am sure someone has done this here. I heard about it today but haven't seen a deployment latch on a leather band. I am thinking about putting it on atleast 2 of my regular watches. can someone point me in the right direction to find where I can order one or does it need to be "factory" installed?

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

MustangDreamer wrote:
I am sure someone has done this here. I heard about it today but haven't seen a deployment latch on a leather band. I am thinking about putting it on atleast 2 of my regular watches. can someone point me in the right direction to find where I can order one or does it need to be "factory" installed?
I believe Android sales them. I'm not sure about their quality, but I've seen them advertised before. I'm sure you can order them from just about every watch manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

MustangDreamer wrote:
just have to correct you.......it is not deployment, but it is a deployant clasp.............

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thank you for the correction. I will add that to my watch vocabulary!;)

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

I believe that as long as the buckle can be removed (spring pins) you can install a deployant clasp on your leather strap. Just check some of the sites that sell replacement straps. They usually sell clasps, too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the links. I went to those sites and I found a couple more when I did a search but I am still not sure which one to get. I don't want to order something and find out is doesn't fit. One of the watches I want to put a deployant clasp on is the 9813 Lupah. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

you need to know the size at the buckle -then order the same size clasp

most of the lupahs are 24mm or 26mm i think they taper down to 22mm on the 24 and 24 on the 26 at the buckle

if not sure compare the buckle end with a known size bracelet or strap size (like a 40mm pd has 22mm at the lugs)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts