Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had time to see Delma’s Cayman Field Watch?

The new watch has details like a 42mm stainless steel case,
black anodized aluminum unidirectional rotating bezel, a matte
black dial with SLN C3 hands, markers, and numbers, rubber,
or khaki canvas strap, and Selitta SW200 movement inside.

Some pictures for you...

Monochrome, and Delma with this, and more...

Value Proposition - Introducing The Delma Cayman Field Watch (Price)

DELMA. Diver and sports watches for adventurers since 1924.

·
Super Moderator
894 Posts
Those are quite nice looking!

Not seen them locally, even though it is a Swiss company. I guess they are like Auguste Reymond, a Swiss brand, made in Switzerland, but sold mostly in eastern Europe and Russia..

·
Super Moderator
3,940 Posts
Nice looking watch.
Reminds me a bit of the Glashütte Original SeaQ and the Wolbrook Skindiver and World Timer

·
11,673 Posts
Would love to see ‘em make this one 40mm with 20mm lugs and I’d buy it. Good looking watch

·
Super Moderator
12,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hector, that is interesting what you are saying about not seeng them
there in Switzerland, and they are Swiss. I wonder if maybe they feel
the market is flooded there with Swiss watches. So they just are trying
a different route as a brand. :)

And Steve, am definitely seeing that skin diver personality within these.
With them totally having the Wolbrook, and G.O. Sea Q feel, and way
about them ! :cool: It's actually something how much we have been seeing
the skin diver design lately.

#four, that actually would be neat to see them add in a 40mm version
too sir ! ;) Not only would it just be another option for those that like
the watch. But it would actually be more authentic to the style, and time
when skin divers were popular.

Yup, really are nice like you guys are saying. So happy that you enjoyed !
So much fun hearing what you had to say. Thanks very very much !!!

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,772 Posts
Nice looking watch, but the overdose of clashing Red, kills it for me!

·
Super Moderator
12,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice looking watch, but the overdose of clashing Red, kills it for me!
Yup, the red seems to be a real turn off for a lot of people it sounds
like Chaz. Although, have to admit, I thought it added a cool touch to
the watch. 😊It's kind of adds a funky element I guess, but a lot of
watches from years ago had similar accents. I guess maybe it makes
the watch feel more like those.

Want to thank you for your honesty, and two cents sir !!!

·
Super Moderator
894 Posts
Hector, that is interesting what you are saying about not seeng them
there in Switzerland, and they are Swiss. I wonder if maybe they feel
the market is flooded there with Swiss watches. So they just are trying
a different route as a brand. :)
There are a lot of Swiss watch brands that are not available on the market here locally. Take Steinhart as an example; while Swiss Made, is only available from 1 shop located in Bern, the shop of the company that actually manufactures them (Palladium AG).

Other brands used to be available locally (like Auguste Reymond and others) but they gave up locally and focused on other markets.

Alpina can be found, but usually only in the real touristy shops. Delma I have never seen, with the exception of vintage ones at car boot sales or online.

This is not only a problem for Swiss brands. Mühle Glashütte is only available at one duty free shop on the Swiss / Austrian border. Nomos was available at a shop in Lausanne, but they closed their doors not long after Covid hit. It's not limited to small brands. For example, Union Glashütte, which belongs to Swatch Group, is not available in Switzerland at all (my brother has tried to find a replacement clasp for his, to no avail. Apparently we need to go to Germany).

So, to get my Mühle serviced, it has to go back to Glashütte. Thankfully I can pop across the border to France and send it to them express, insured for €2'000, for a cost of around €20. Not bad imo.

·
Super Moderator
12,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are a lot of Swiss watch brands that are not available on the market here locally. Take Steinhart as an example; while Swiss Made, is only available from 1 shop located in Bern, the shop of the company that actually manufactures them (Palladium AG).

Other brands used to be available locally (like Auguste Reymond and others) but they gave up locally and focused on other markets.

Alpina can be found, but usually only in the real touristy shops. Delma I have never seen, with the exception of vintage ones at car boot sales or online.

This is not only a problem for Swiss brands. Mühle Glashütte is only available at one duty free shop on the Swiss / Austrian border. Nomos was available at a shop in Lausanne, but they closed their doors not long after Covid hit. It's not limited to small brands. For example, Union Glashütte, which belongs to Swatch Group, is not available in Switzerland at all (my brother has tried to find a replacement clasp for his, to no avail. Apparently we need to go to Germany).

So, to get my Mühle serviced, it has to go back to Glashütte. Thankfully I can pop across the border to France and send it to them express, insured for €2'000, for a cost of around €20. Not bad imo.
It's really fascinating learning all of this FB, and have to really thank this
discussion about Delma, as well as your insight, and finding out something
new. 😉 (y)Actually never even thought about the possibility of brands,
especially Swiss being difficult to find there. However, when you really
stop, and think about it, it all makes sense. Because whether it's Swiss,
German, Japanese, Russian watches etc. Switzerland is like a toy store
we used to have over here called Toys R Us, but instead is Watches R Us ! 😀

So it's natural that brands may have to try something different, and think
outside the box. ..It really is so neat to find out about sir. Thanks again !!!

·
Super Moderator
3,940 Posts
Why would that be for the brands you mentioned? No demand? Another reason?

·
11,673 Posts

Almost like buying from a microbrand

1 - 11 of 11 Posts