Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you look at the Watchfreeks site in forum mode, you have to sift through all the remnants of deleted spam threads. I don't think I've seen another forum haunted with these "thread ghosts." Any way to get rid of 'em?

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Hi Chuck, thank you for alerting to this.
I was under the impression that only the admin and mods could see those deleted posts, did not know the members could see the deleted spam threads.
I will alert it to VS to see if they could correct it, as I agree, its hard to navigate.

Thank you.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Thanks Chuck

Like don said, I thought it was only us that saw those posts. I hate seeing them also, but I thought we were stuck with them as moderators. I hope VS can solve this issue.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it may have been a browser quirk, but I got the same thing when I switched from Chrome to Opera.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I must be a setting in vBulletin. All the other forums (Fora?) I visit, and also running vBulletin, don't exhibit this. Being a former MOD, it didn't occur as something out of the ordinary to me.

·
Administrator
1,224 Posts
That is really weird. Only users with Admin and Mod powers should be able to see deleted posted. I checked out the user settings in the back end and I do not see anything that would give you the ability to see them. Can you log out and clear your cookies then log back in and let me know if you can see the deleted threads still.

Thanks

- dm, community support

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
No visible effect, I can still see deleted threads.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No visible effect, I can still see deleted threads.
So, I'm not so special after all. Yeah, I logged out and cleared cookies. The deleted threads are still there.

·
Administrator
1,224 Posts
Can you provide the Thread URL to which you see deleted post? Can you also provide a screen shot of what you see?

Regards,

MD

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm having trouble attaching the screenshot of what I'm seeing, but Don's sceenshot is essentially the same thing.

·
Administrator
1,224 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've made the proper adjustments to fix this issue. Deletion notices are now only visible to mods / admins.

Please confirm the changes at your end. Clear cache if the deletion notices are still visible.

Sorry for the troubles. Happy browsing.

~ Alan, Community Support

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The ghosts seem to have been exorcised. Thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts