Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping for some help here. Back in 2009 I bought a Tag Aquaracer for my son from Macy’s. It was on clearance and the only one they had. A couple of years ago my son showed me a problem it developed and I researched it some back then. It’s been sitting in my safe. I’m sure I discovered online that this model had a particular problem that can’t be easily fixed. The threaded crown won’t screw back in. He wore it many times and it worked fine for a while. He didn’t wear it often though, just special occasions. I looked at it and both my son and I believe that the threads are not stripped. What I found online was that Tag wasn’t honoring this defect. I’m going to take it to Macy’s and have them ship it to their certified Tag repair center. But in the mean time... have you folks heard of this? Any help would be appreciated. It’s model WAB 2010-0 bought in the 2008-2009 timeframe. It’s pre-calibre 5 or at least they didn’t write it on the dial back then.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I just found the thread on another forum that I saw before, got frustrated and put the watch in the safe. Turns out by the 4 th page of the thread ( its 9 pages long) Tag finally owned up to the problem and was fixing them That thread was in 2011. So I’ll have it sent in and see if they still honor it this far out.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Crown tube threading problems have been a Tag problem for a long time, that's one of he reasons I flipped my Aquaracer years back.

Reactions: Voyager
1 - 5 of 5 Posts