Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Oris Freek
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another brand sells out to television. I sat and watched Deep Blue on Evine from 12am to 2am EST last night. No different from Invicta or Android. No watch on sale for less than 50% off retail. Limited quantities available. Hurry... Get yours now while they last pressure tactics. Pushing those new Air Blue aviation watches that look like everyone else's. How the high and mighty have fallen. No more bad mouthing the other guys. Welcome to the club boys. :smileyface_hand_cla

· Banned
93 Posts
They make nice watches but surely CANNOT be compared to the "high and mighty". It's probably just one of those micro-brands that can disappear in a few years. One last kick before they go down perhaps. They raised so much in people's perception in part due to marketing.

17,073 Posts
Another brand sells out to television. I sat and watched Deep Blue on Evine from 12am to 2am EST last night. No different from Invicta or Android. No watch on sale for less than 50% off retail. Limited quantities available. Hurry... Get yours now while they last pressure tactics. Pushing those new Air Blue aviation watches that look like everyone else's. How the high and mighty have fallen. No more bad mouthing the other guys. Welcome to the club boys. :smileyface_hand_cla

Who are "the high and mighty" that "have fallen"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Oris Freek
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See alot of Deep Blues on here. Just sayin... They're marketing techniques aren't any better than Invictas. But Invicta gets trashed on a daily basis, when these guys aren't any better. Evidently, from what I read lately, Android is in the same boat. So basically what I'm saying is, if you have an Android or Deep Blue in your collection. Don't be so quick to throw stones at glass houses.

· Administrator
11,594 Posts
Invicta is in a whole different league than those two brands, do some reading. I've never seen a fraud claim or many poor quality/cs complaints for those two

· Senior Freek
2,505 Posts
I don't own any of the watches discussed above, thus have not had any quality issues to speak of. All I have to say is that I have no problem with a company trying to make a profit in this manner. I don't care whether they are trying to line their own pockets, to meet margins, or to grow their business, they have a right to market whoever they choose.

With that said, I'm okay with this as long as you represent your product accurately in terms of components and quality. When you begin to blatantly lie about what your product is made of, how it was produced, or what it is capable of then that you've gone too far. As long as Deep Blue, Android, Ninja Bullet, Sham-Wow, or Flex-Seal represents their product accurately, for all I can they can sell it for however much they choose and through any means necessary. That's the 'Murican way, dadgummet!

· Oris Freek
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Invicta is in a whole different league than those two brands, do some reading. I've never seen a fraud claim or many poor quality/cs complaints for those two
Well said....+1
Maybe its because they haven't sold NEARLY the quantity of watches Invicta has.
As always... No wonder why this email showed up in my spam folder.

· Premium Member
19,352 Posts
Also...(Rant coming) ..
Sometimes forums can be great, and other times they can suck the fun out of watches and collecting.

When you read posts that talk of any brand and its issue, it can be a great thing to keep people from buying junk.

But this defending a brand, any brand is just nuts. Did you buy to impress others on a forum you have never met, are you trying to justify your purchase?

Or, like should happen, you bought a watch because you like it, and continue to enjoy it.

None of us will ever agree totally on brands, value, styles sizes etc. It's just the way it is. If a group of people post that they don't care for a certain brand but you do, just move on. You won't convince them that they are great and they won't convince you there are not.

10 years on the forums, and I've seen the same thing over and over and over.

UGH..

· Registered
7,661 Posts
Deep Blue has been selling on Evine/Shopnbc now for at least 5 years...nothing new.

Yeah, i was going to mention that if no one else did. Nothing new to see here :p

· Registered
605 Posts
There are a lot of people who don't buy a brand because it's marketed on TV shopping shows. That's fine, but how you market your product doesn't necessarily define the product other than the perception in your own mind. Luckily, I have friends who don't judge me based on the brand of my clothes, the car I drive or the watch I wear - and if they did, they wouldn't be my friend for long.

· Read Only
161 Posts
I for one am Happy there are micro-brands that offer decent watches at affordable prices. My Master Mag 1000 and Marine Diver 500 from Deep Blue both run to within 3 seconds per day on the wrist and I have had both for 3 or more years.
While I like the Fancy Name Brands I do not want to pay 5-10 K for a good swiss automatic. IN my opion they are rip offs. 75% of the cost goes to advertising and to compensate for low sale numbers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.