Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is going on with the Canadian Deep Blue website? I know that someone new has taken over the Canadian business in the last year. They used to add new models when the U.S. Site got them but they haven't recently. For example there is no Sea Ram 2 listed anywhere on the CAD site.

I just enquired about the stainless steel bracelet ($79 US) for the new 42mm Sea Quest which is listed on the U.S. website but not the CND one. They since have listed the Sea Quest 42mm bracelet separately after asking about it. :)

To make matters worse they sell everything in U.S. Dollars on the CAD site. With our exchange rate at about 1.31 CAD-USA that is a poor deal for Canadian customers as the U.S. Dollar is much stronger right now. The PVD Military diver is on sale on the U.S. Site for $199 but in Canada its $249 U.S. Dollars. So it's actually cheaper for me in Canada to buy from the U.S. Site! How does that make sense? Why bother having a Canadian website? A $399 watch on the Canadian site actually costs me $523! Not a very good value.

I love many of the Deep Blue watches but they are too pricey right now unless they start selling in Canadian Dollars again. Sorry my rant is over. I'll get off my soap box.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales on Deep Blue Canada, but the US site had 40% off. Not only do we pay US dollars when ordering from Canada but now we don't even get any sales. Why bother even having a Canadian distributor?

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
That's weird, as far I can remeber the prices on deep blue Canada's site were always in CAD $$.

I'll PM you the guy' info that runs Deep Blue Canada. He's located in Nova Scotia. (Unless that has changed as the last time I ordered from him was this time last year)

Danny

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No changed hands about a year ago. Different guy running it but thanks. They started selling in USD and now apparently dropped free shipping and the sales on holidays that the US site does.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
That sucks. No point buying from them. Might as well buy from DB USA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts