Watch Freeks banner

Deep Blue Bluetech Abyss II

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  GMB 
#1 ·
I'm something of a lume freak so the second I heard about the use of tritium tubes in watches, I knew I needed a watch chock full of them. I perused the usual suspects (Luminox, Traser, etc), but couldn't find anything that really satisfied my need for lume.

I eventually stumbled upon Deep Blue watches and I found their use of tritium to meet my liking, which led me to the Bluetech Abyss II.

With 52 tritium tubes illuminating all of the arabic numerals along with all three of the hands, this thing really lights up at night. I really like the watch, but the size is a little cumbersome for my barely 6.5" wrist, so I'm not quite sure if I'm going to keep it...

See less See more
#2 ·
I really like the watch, but the size is a little cumbersome for my barely 6.5" wrist, so I'm not quite sure if I'm going to keep it...

I wanna congratulate you because you will get an awesome sexy beast with super cool tritium tubes that also has great lume on bezel but your wrist size may be a huge factor. This watch wore too big, in my opinion, in my 8+ in wrist. It is an amazing watch though. Super easy to sell if you're not feeling it.

Do you use straps ? It'll feel smaller on straps. It wears really comfortable though, on the bracelet.

#4 ·
Looks terrific from here Avionixx ! I hope you decide to keep it. :smile-thumb2:Just the case design, along with the bezel is outstanding, and really separates itself from the pack. Really teams up beautifully with the dial as well. ..Speaking of the dial, those Tritium tubes are incredible ! The way they basically follow along with the numbers is great ! Man oh man, I hope you enjoy ! Congratulations ! :)

#7 ·
Def put it on a thicker leather strap. It wears much more comfy than the bracelet because that watch is pretty big. I had the Abyss 1 on a tan 7mm Gunny Caitlin and it wore great.

Sold the watch, but still have the strap which I am keeping.....for a PAM 389 that I will own one day....lol

#8 ·
My NATO strap came in yesterday and it DOES make the watch feel less bulkier and still looks pretty dang good! I'll take some pics when I get a chance to post here.

I'm going to wear it a couple of times to see how I like it with the strap and then decide whether or not to keep it or trade up to something a little less "dive-watchey".

#12 ·
Sadly, I don't think I'll be keeping it. The NATO strap does considerably improve comfort and convenience, but I feel it's still too large.

It's too wide and too high, which causes it to have trouble fitting in shirt cuffs (and shirt sleeves on some cases). Functionally, the watch has everything I want but if I have to be too selective on when and where to wear it, I don't think I'll be able to enjoy it.

I guess I'll have to pony up the moolah for a Ball if I want a ton of tritium in a sensible size case.

#13 ·
I understand your concerns about shirt cuffs, but that doesn't seem to be the type of watch you'd want to wear with dress shirts. Maybe I'm biased because I freaking love tritium (and don't want to shell out for a ball) but I think the watch looks good on your wrist. I'd consider keeping it for casual/ weekend wear, but take that with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.