Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are used to seeing these in the USA, in the UK they are very rare, and when we can get hold of one they cost twice as much as they do in the USA. I just sold a watch, which in turn left a gap in one of my boxes. There was a Borealis Mako on eBay, but after continually messaging the seller, and getting no reply, I didn't bother to make a bid. Petty, because I love Borealis watches. This came up, and I love it because the dial just offers something else. Should be with me in a few days

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
Now that is just extraordinary Mrs. Wiggles ! 😲🤯 What's
incredible is have to say, really never see them here either. In
fact I really can't recall the last time I saw a watch with an
Abalone dial sir. 😵 Honestly would say they are pretty
rare to see at least from this end. But wow, they are magnificent
looking, and kind of like an interstellar MOP, or something. It's
a real showstopper, or will be when it comes in I mean. 😄

Going to be fantastic seeing what you have to say about it, and
if it's even better in person, Which I think it will be. A GINORMOUS
congrats MW !!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that is just extraordinary Mrs. Wiggles ! 😲🤯 What's incredible is have
to say, really never see them here either. In fact I really can't recall the last time
I saw a watch with an Abalone dial sir. 😵 Honestly would say they are pretty
rare to see at least from this end. But wow, they are magnificent looking, and
kind of like an interstellar MOP, or something. It's a real showstopper, or will
be when it comes in I mean. 😄

Going to be fantastic seeing what you have to say about it, and if it's even
better in person, Which I think it will be. A GINORMOUS congrats MW !!!
Well, I have received the watch, and here are my views. The first thing I will say is that the watch represents great value for money, and I believe very few people wouldn't be happy with the purchase of a Deep Blue watch. They are most certainly tool watches though, and that should be taken into account.

It is well spec'd with an AR sapphire bezel, 300m WR, good lume, NH35a movement running at +spd, an incredible bezel, and a well made bracelet. I have a few minor complaints, such as the watch being a little larger than stated, and the bracelet having a pin and collar system rather than screw pins, but nothing serious though. I am delighted with my purchase, and feel confident there will be few people in the Uk (if any) who will be wearing the same watch. I think this one may well be a keeper :)

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
Very nice MW. 😀 Have not yet added a Deep Blue to the collection
sir. But it always seems over the years that people have loved the
bang for the buck, all around quality, and always been happy. 🙂
What’s incredible is the amount of models they have, as well as
variations of those models too. I mean adding in just these cool
Abalone dials is wonderful, and something very different.

Plus at the end of the day, you have all of these impressive specs.
which are exceptional. It makes any drawbacks seem small right?!
Yes, this looks like a keeper sir, and more than that actually. It’s
a conversation piece ! ..A COLOSSAL congrats here !!! (y)(y)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In case anyone is interested, I have done a rather bad review on YouTube. It's not as easy as it looks you know

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
In no way whatsoever was that a bad review sir. Boy oh boy, it was excellent ! :D

Not only was it fantastic just seeing the watch, and getting a more live feel
to it, and all of the amazing detail. But it was just so neat hearing your voice,
along with passion for everything. (y)(y) Love the way you covered every bit
of the watch. Starting off with the accuracy, and moving to the finish, and crown,
bracelet, exceptional bezel, and of course extraordinary dial ! 😀 Out of this
world really does say it all MW. Honestly is so nice that it negates basically
all the negatives for me. 😊

However, totally see your points on everything. Especially the size like AW
said as well. That can be a big deal, or in this case real surprise for people.
At the end of the day though the design, quality, bang for the buck, along
with fascinating dial leave me in awe. As did your video ! 🥇🏆

Derfnitely enjoyed it sir. Outstanding stuff ! ..Thank you so so much !!!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Your review was very good. I suspect anyone here is interested, we all catch random watch reviews on the Tube. Watching a regular WF is doubly interesting.
I can be off-putty, unfortunately that comes easily to me, please excuse my previous comments if they seemed rude. I admire your thoughtful reviews, and now a video, excellent! Keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
907 Posts
In case anyone is interested, I have done a rather bad review on YouTube. It's not as easy as it looks you know
Good review MW!! What are you reviewing next?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good review MW!! What are you reviewing next?
Have done a few other reviews, and they aren't that good either. I am hoping practice makes perfect, in which case I need a lot of practice. Don't know what's next to be honest.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Nice piece. I have a Deep Blue quartz Sea Ram that I love.

The abalone dial is very pretty. But if it was a sandwich dial you'd be wearing abalone sandwich! ;)

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I was thinking the Geckota g01. There's a video in your post about it, but it doesn't load.
My wife sent Geckota an email asking to be informed when they restocked and I see they're in.
What do you think about that one? If not, let me know and I'll come up with another one or two.
Thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was thinking the Geckota g01. There's a video in your post about it, but it doesn't load.
My wife sent Geckota an email asking to be informed when they restocked and I see they're in.
What do you think about that one? If not, let me know and I'll come up with another one or two.
Thanks
I think I may have done a video a while ago, but it was so poor I deleted it. I like doing them, but regrettably I'm not very good at it. Yes, it's a nice watch, and I love mine. I just checked the site, and looks like all colours are in stock. Mine is on the Ostrich strap, which is superb. It's all polished, so in reality isn't an very day day desk diver, but worn on a rotational basis it's a real treat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts