Watch Freeks banner

Are you concerned about 12/21/2012?

• Yes, I am hiding under my bed!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think there are always possibilities.

• Always in motion is the future.

• Nothing I can do to prevent or pervert it.

• No what, me worry?

• OP, you still need to get a life!

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[align=center]Are you concerned with what the prophets, prognosticators, psychics, shaman, witchdoctors, Maya, and so many more are forecasting for this date?[/align]

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

The 2012 phenomenon is a range of beliefs and proposals positing that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur in the year 2012.[1][2] The forecast is based primarily on what is claimed to be the end-date of the Mayan Long Count calendar, which is presented as lasting 5,125 years and as terminating on December 21 or 23, 2012. Arguments supporting this dating are drawn from a mixture of amateur archaeoastronomy, alternative interpretations of mythology, numerological constructions, and alleged prophecies from extraterrestrial beings.

A New Age interpretation of this transition posits that, during this time, the planet and its inhabitants may undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 2012 may mark the beginning of a new era.[3] Conversely, some believe that the 2012 date marks the beginning of an apocalypse. Both ideas have been disseminated in numerous books and TV documentaries, and have spread around the world through websites and discussion groups.

Mayanist scholars argue that the idea that the Long Count calendar "ends" in 2012 misrepresents Maya history.[2][4] To the modern Maya, 2012 is largely irrelevant, and classic Maya sources on the subject are scarce and contradictory, suggesting that there was little if any universal agreement among them about what, if anything, the date might mean.[5]

The claims put forward by those predicting the end of the world in 2012 (alignment with a black hole, collision with a rogue planet, polar shifts) have been rejected as pseudoscience by the scientific community. Many of these claims violate the laws of physics, or are contradicted by simple observations.

A film called 2012, directed by Roland Emmerich, has employed a viral marketing campaign drawing on fears of an apocalypse in that year. This campaign, which masquerades as a public awareness video from the fictitious "Institute for Human Continuity", has been roundly criticised for contributing to popular anxiety on the topic.

read more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I am a big believer in the Bible. No one knows when the end is coming. Maybe some bad stuff coming our way but the end if someone predicts it I won't worry on that day.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/Hz86TsGx3fc&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

TVDinner wrote:

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius, the age of Aquarius...

Aquarius...

Actually, my true belief is that this is a World without end, Ahmen!

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

Whatever happens, I'm sure that I'll be dissapointed.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

we have approx 3 yrs -

but we (society) cannot concern ourselves with whether this is going to happen or not

WHAT WE CAN DO- is NOT LIVE IN FEAR but LIVE IN LOVE

if we fear then we are lost

if we live in love - loving & caring for others, selflessly then we will be saved

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

toecutter wrote:
Whatever happens, I'm sure that I'll be dissapointed.
exactly!!!!

remember all the "panic" before Dec 31, 1999, lol
and what a happened.....absolutely nothing

I am looking forward to 12/22/2012 when we can all start talking about the next ancient prediction that WONT come true but we can get all pointlessly worked up about, lol

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

THAN AGAIN - IF the mayans were so good at predicting things - how come their no longer around?? you would think they wouldve been able to see their own demise??? LOL

all a bunch of HUMBUG I say !!!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

It was not posted with the intention to become a Religious debate, only a joking poke at Hollywood, cults, fear, and the unknown.

I am faithful and believe there is nothing to fear.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

no one can successfully predict what can happen when -they can only speculate

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
THANK YOU

no religious discussions please. let's keep this thread on track.
James

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Oh, Ooops!

I thought this was the word association game thread!

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM RELIGIOUS DIRECTION - I HAVE WARNED MYSELF AS WELL!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

Ahh. I'll make a note of that.:t

(Note to self. Do not follow other people's examples):lol

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

especially when i set a bad example!!! sorry i shoulda known better but i couldint resist!!!

:%:%:%:%

toecutter wrote:
WATCHURSELF wrote:
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM RELIGIOUS DIRECTION - I HAVE WARNED MYSELF AS WELL!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

Ahh. I'll make a note of that.:t

(Note to self. Do not follow other people's examples):lol

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

topic closed at the OP's request.

Thanks everyone.

James

1 - 18 of 18 Posts