Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I WAS TRYING TO CONTACT DEBAUFRE WATCH CO. IT SEEMS THAT THE WEB SITES ARE NOT RESPONDING AND THE EMAILS ARE BEING RETURNED. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,341 Posts
imported post

It has been heading that way for a year.

There were many ownership changes in the past couple years and the company never regained what they once were.
If website is gone and emails are being returned, well then that means the company is done.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,341 Posts
imported post

Debaufre and Steinhart are not one in the same.
They split over two years ago.
Then Defaufre changed hands twice.
I know this from being in contact with the Debaufre rep last year.
They have not been the same company know for years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,230 Posts
imported post

Not to sound insensitive to the people involved with the microbrand but it doesn't really matter unless you have one of their watches under warranty. Steinhart would be able to service any of the Debaufre watches, as would just about any watchmaker that services Swiss Movements... That said, one of my first microbrand watches was a Debaufre Csar, which I still own and love...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

WELL GUYS, HERE IS THE STORY:
I ORDERED AN OCEAN 1 RED/RED IN SEPTEMBER.
IT ARRIVED ON NOVEMBER 1ST
NO PAPERS IN THE BOX
BECAUSE OF HURRICANE SANDY, MY POWER AND INTERNET FINALLY WAS RESTORED AT 2:45pm TODAY.
I TRIED TO EMAIL BRITTANY AT DEBAUFRE, THE EMAIL WAS RETURNED.
WENT TO THE WEBSITE - DID NOT APPEAR
MY QUESTION TO HER - WHY NO PAPERS - WATCH GAINING 30 SECONDS EVERY 24 HOURS.
THATS THE STORY!
THANK'S GUYS FOR THE HELP.
MIKE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
imported post

Tattoo Chef wrote:
Debaufre and Steinhart are not one in the same.
They split over two years ago.
Then Defaufre changed hands twice.
I know this from being in contact with the Debaufre rep last year.
They have not been the same company know for years.
Your right, wasn't thinking of the right thing. With that said it's still manufactured by Grovana.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,230 Posts
imported post

mikesr wrote:
WELL GUYS, HERE IS THE STORY:
I ORDERED AN OCEAN 1 RED/RED IN SEPTEMBER.
IT ARRIVED ON NOVEMBER 1ST
NO PAPERS IN THE BOX
BECAUSE OF HURRICANE SANDY, MY POWER AND INTERNET FINALLY WAS RESTORED AT 2:45pm TODAY.
I TRIED TO EMAIL BRITTANY AT DEBAUFRE, THE EMAIL WAS RETURNED.
WENT TO THE WEBSITE - DID NOT APPEAR
MY QUESTION TO HER - WHY NO PAPERS - WATCH GAINING 30 SECONDS EVERY 24 HOURS.
THATS THE STORY!
THANK'S GUYS FOR THE HELP.
MIKE
Well that sucks... You should be able to find a watchmaker in the area that could tweek it for cheap. If you like the watch other than it runs fast, take it to a watchmaker and have him take a look. I've got a guy down here that will stick it ona machine and adjust it in several positions for $20...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,341 Posts
imported post

I just tried calling the phone number for them that I found in a post on this site, and it is no longer a working number.
Seems they really just decided to shut their doors and not let anybody know.
Man I hope they fulfilled any orders they had before they took the website down or issued refunds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
imported post

FYI... I thought it would be worth while posting this, as many already know, the Debaufre site has been down for almost 2 weeks. Recently I placed a bid on a Debaufre watch online and the seller mentioned that the watch was one of the last ones in their line. I sent him/her a question wondering about quality since I was unsure the company was still in business and the response I got was (I modified the site name as I am unaware of the forum rules on listing other sites):

"Hi,

Debaufre is no longer conducting business through its old website and all watches will now be sold over [email protected]#y's platform. The reason for this is that our swiss manufacturers have significantly raised their prices so we were no longer able to keep our prices low enough for the US market. Ill be selling Debaufre stock on [email protected]#y to people who would like to take advantage of our great quality watches at a low price. I will be posting some 42mm oceans soon as well.

These Csar watches were sent from our manufacturer in Switzerland about 6 months ago after they were sent through their quality control.

Best"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
imported post

danielmmtz wrote:
FYI... I thought it would be worth while posting this, as many already know, the Debaufre site has been down for almost 2 weeks. Recently I placed a bid on a Debaufre watch online and the seller mentioned that the watch was one of the last ones in their line. I sent him/her a question wondering about quality since I was unsure the company was still in business and the response I got was (I modified the site name as I am unaware of the forum rules on listing other sites):

"Hi,

Debaufre is no longer conducting business through its old website and all watches will now be sold over [email protected]#y's platform. The reason for this is that our swiss manufacturers have significantly raised their prices so we were no longer able to keep our prices low enough for the US market. Ill be selling Debaufre stock on [email protected]#y to people who would like to take advantage of our great quality watches at a low price. I will be posting some 42mm oceans soon as well.

These Csar watches were sent from our manufacturer in Switzerland about 6 months ago after they were sent through their quality control.

Best"
Interesting

I'd like to know if this guy is legit or if he is just liquidating old stock.

Regardless, for a company with such a far fall from grace, would you buy on EBay from them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,288 Posts
imported post

If you have no success, contact CurrentTime Watchworks on facebook. Rick will fix it for you at a reasonable price. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND HELP. I CONTACTED BRITTANY ON EBAY AND LEFT HER A MESSAGE. IF SHE RESPONDS, I'LL LET YOU KNOW. THANKS AGAIN, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! MIKE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
imported post

Itried to buy a Debaufre Ocean about 9 monthes ago but they had to special order it taking over 6 weeks. Lost patience with waiting and ordered a Steinhart instead. Sad to hear of their demise. I am really enjoying my Steinhart and very happy Steinhart is still in business.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top