Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Do you fear death ?

I do & it frustrates me that it's not an actual being that I can give some sass to.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
imported post

Only fear death if you have aspirations that are unfulfilled, This is why we need to live every single day to the full, you need to take all the chances you get, i dont fear death because i never know when it will happen, therefore i live everyday as best as i can :)

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I do not fear death. It is what it is.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

It is not so much fear as it is the loss of control. When you are young you look at yourself as bullet proof. When you reach a certain age you know that death is inevitable and that you are past the point of no return. You can't stop it, only hopefully slow it by taking care of your health, reducing stress and beating some of the odds. Even that little bit of control slips away with certain health and medical conditions. IMHO, the best thing to do is embrace life and enjoy every minute. I believe when they say, 'Don't sweet the small things'. A wise man once told me to ask three questions to determine if something is important.

1) Will anyone remember in a year?
2) Will anyone remember in 10 years?
3) Will anyone remember in 100 years?

Don't stress over anything unless the answer is yes to all three questions.

Time passes by so quickly, try to make the most of every minute.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

1-where were you before you were born? NO WHERE (since we dont know)

3-where will you be when you die/pass away? NO WHERE (since we dont know)

2- where are you at this moment?? NOW HERE

the here and now is the only thing you should concern yourself with as it is the only tangible reference point you have

provided by Dr Wayne Dyer

NO WHERE
NOW HERE
NO WHERE

death is just another part of the journey of our soul - my flesh fears it -my soul does not!!

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
where were you before you were born? NO WHERE (since we dont know)

where will you be when you die/pass away? NO WHERE (since we dont know)

where are you at this moment?? NOW HERE

the here and now is the only thing you should concern yourself with as it is the only tangible reference point you have

provided by Dr Wayne Dyer

NO WHERE
NOW HERE
NO WHERE
Very cool :c

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

we are all always afraid of change -but if you look deeply at your life/situation

life is ever changing and we adapt - do not fear it - fear hinders the soul

live to the fullest and face your fears!! (easier said than done)

Duchess wrote:
Do you fear death ?

I do & it frustrates me that it's not an actual being that I can give some sass to.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I have moments where I have feared death (especially after my stage 4 diagnosis).

I cannot imagine a human being that does not fear death (not just the conceptualization of death). I have yet to meet anyone who actually was facing death and was not afraid (and I've met many).

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

I faced death a few times, I even had a friend of mine shot and died in my arms. I never thought I would live past my 20's, so with that being said I do not fear daeth. The only thing about death that I fear is not being able to see my children grown up.

·
Registered
469 Posts
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
I faced death a few times, I even had a friend of mine shot and died in my arms. I never thought I would live past my 20's, so with that being said I do not fear daeth. The only thing about death that I fear is not being able to see my children grown up.
Exactly, not being there for them...

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

I've seen it on many occasions as it occurs.To a point I'm a sociopath and don't feel others pain.But I've met death a few times and while it was happening, the fight for life is very strong, so yes, I fear my own death.The emotional trauma from near death is something that can never be shaken.The thoughts that go through your mind are vivid and can't be forgotten. two words that are burned into my mind.

NOT YET!.

·
Registered
466 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't say that I fear death. When my day comes, it'll come. No use looking forward to the end, right? So I just keep living my life day to day, grateful for the people I've got around me. I guess this mindset stemmed from when I was a kid and I was on a plane. We hit heavy turbulence and the plane took a few nose dives before getting back on track, and during that time I remember being afraid, but all at once I felt calm. I decided then that I was going to close my eyes and go to sleep. My parents thought I passed out, but I distinctively remember opening my eyes and saying "I just wanted to sleep." They didn't believe me, but I know it to be true :)

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

Life isn't short.

It's just that you're dead for soooo long.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.