Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Luis:
We'll have naysayers aplenty but I dig the Deamar too.
Know less than nothing about Deamar. Just a 1st impression.

Lou Snutt
TONY MARONI from the UK takes a tool flier-

looks nice to me-- he posted that he is considering SEL-solid end links-

-king case retro tools do kinda look similar...but yet there are infinite deviations & differentiations-

-all we are saying is give tool a chance-

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Absolutely. Some of you guys were instrumental in shaping it, and for that I am very grateful.
I dig how it turned out. Looks like a lot of different watches without necessarily copying any one in particular. I look forward to seeing more.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dig how it turned out. Looks like a lot of different watches without necessarily copying any one in particular. I look forward to seeing more.

Thank you. You get it. That was exactly what I wanted it to be. A "smush" of lots of bits I like from lots of different "sports" watches but a copy of none :smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
119 Posts
So, I got the protos this morning. First impression?
This is a watch I'm selling for $199...this is NOT a $199 watch.
170g on the scales.
The H link strap is awesome with the tightest end pieces, with fat spring bars, I've seen. If I didn't know otherwise I'd swear it had SELs. There is NO movement or rattle.
The domed sapphire reflects the light just right with the AR coating. I'm getting pro shots done early next week and might just kick the Kickstarter off shortly afterwards. But in the meantime here are some "quick and dirties" I've just taken and some wrist shots, no editing or filters. Bear in mind, I have an 8" wrist...

On the wrist it wears well. Heavy, you know it's there, but not overpowering...just as I wanted it to be. Like I say 170g and I have an 8" wrist.

Even though it doesn't come with an ISO style, I always envisaged the black on it, so...

Here's the strap by itself:

When the proper photos are done next week, I'll start a new thread, but I'm looking to move the KS forward to possibly WC 15th Feb.

In the meantime, do subscribe to the mailing list at http://www.deaumar.co.uk to be kept up to date.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.