Watch Freeks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did everyone by chance see Davosa's new Argonautic BG Automatic?

The new watch has a 42.5mm stainless steel case, 300M WR, AR coated sapphire crystal, unidirectional ceramic bezel with BGW9 Super-Luminova scale, helium valve, and your choice of black, gray, or blue dials with Super-Luminova coated hands, and markers. Then you have the Sellita SW 200-1, and choice of rubber strap, or stainless steel bracelet too.

Check them out...

Links to OceanicTime, and Davosa also everybody...

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2017/11/davosa-argonautic-bg-auto-new-collection.html

https://www.davosa.com/en/

·
Registered
453 Posts
An old thread I thought I would revitalise. I bought a Davosa Argonautic Lumis a few months back, and while I wasn't sure at first, I now love it. In actual fact I did a YouTube video on it, but am considering deleting it and starting again. It's far from perfect, and to be honest is too expensive for what it is. In the UK the watch costs about £800 ($1050). I bought mine in mint condition used for £450. It has an ETA 2824 movement, which Davosa call something else. I regulated mine, as it was running about +15spd. It is now just about perfect. It is built like a tank, and you certainly know when it is on your wrist. The bezel with it's ceramic insert has a decent movement, albeit a little tinny sounding. Mine doesn't quite line up perfectly, but it's very close. I find the dial and the logo font to be fantastic, and bursting with class. The tritium tubes are certainly a step up to any lume on the market, and just glow 24/7. It came on a Mesh bracelet, which looked brilliant, but as it wasn't tapered it rubbed on the underside of my wrist. I have now invested in a super engineer 2 bracelet that does taper, and now it's incredibly comfortable despite the weight.

I wear my watches on a rota basis, but a few hours before I go to bed I find myself changing my watch for the hell of it. Come the evening I now find myself wearing this watch just because I am becoming a little obsessed with it.

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is yet another fantastic aspect aout the hobby Mrs. Wiggles. In that
what's old, can become new again right?! :D Seriously, this Davosa is
worth getting obsessed over it looks like to me, and the fact that you
are finding a new appreciation for it is just THE best imho. 🙂😉

Honestly can't see that tiny issue with the bezel either from here sir.
Hope you keep on enjoying, and will be looking for that video possibly
down the road too btw ! 😀

1 - 3 of 3 Posts