Watch Freeks banner

Daughter surprised me!

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Reflex 
#1 ·
Yesterday I had an unexpected package from Amazon waiting for me at the door.
Addressed to me so opened it. A cool but unordered watch was inside! WTF ! a few hours later my daughter who is 14, told me that it was my belated Fathers Day gift. She had inspected my watch box and came to the conclusion that I needed some "bling" as she puts it. So a search for blingy watches on the Zon and she decided on this. Paid for out of her own hard earned babysitting money .
I am chuffed, (English expression, means Very Happy) I know exactly what it is and I will take great pleasure in wearing it especially at family dinners.
Check out the embossing and the electric blue hands.
Cheers all
Derek

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Sweet I think a blue strap would finish it off perfect.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

#9 ·
What a nice surprise. Great and thoughtful gift from your daughter. Have to be very proud I'm sure.

Congrats.

#16 ·
Funk, yes I did. But how quickly they change, from being the little girl that needs you for everything to the young lady that needs you for nothing!
She can't wait to get her drivers permit in about a years time, and has also stated that my Ducati is soon to be HERS!
Truth is I never had any kids of my own, the three (all girls)I have are all step kids , I think I did a pretty good job with them. One is the Astrophysics Professor, one is an Insurance Agent and the youngest is the Tom Boy, taekwondo , wrestling and Jiu Jitsu superstar!
They are all considerate, and focused, which I guess is just how it should be. Thank you all for your nice comments about my little girl. Wish I could get her to wear a watch but hey maybe one day!
Cheers and happy Monday all.
D.

#17 ·
I, too, have only step-children. One 18 whom I just took to do her drivers test this morning in fact! Then an 8-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl. The oldest is a challenge, and the younger ones quite fun!
It is a hard position to be in, sometimes, and is worth the efforts just the same! Kudos to you!

#18 ·
Kudos to you Funk, yep, they can sometimes be a challenge for sure. My wife has a system, it goes like this : at 18 you have to remove yourself from "my house", at that time you will "a" be working full time, or "b" you will be in full time education and house sharing. So far it seems to have worked. We buy a car for each child on their 18th, fill it with gas and wave bye bye! Lol
Cheers
D.

#21 ·
Derek, that is just the best ! :smile-thumb:Your daughter has some excellent taste !!! This looks like a watch we'd expect to see at Basel from one of the elite watch companies when you think about it. :) It's incredibly classy, and beautiful ! That decoration in the middle of the dial alone is out of this world. The whole watch is ! Big congratulations, and Happy Father's Day Derek !

#22 ·
I know Atomic, my wife said she let my girl use her Prime for it and it was under $30. ( wife got repaid in cash)! The problem now is that wifey now believes that EVERY watch I buy should be sub $30!! How do I get out of this!
Lol
Cheers
D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.