Watch Freeks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I hate being that guy who comes in and asks a question for my first post. I've tried searching to find a way to date old victorinox watches and come up dry. I don't know much about watches at all, but I have a customer who is looking to date his watch. I'm a knife guy and he comes in all the time looking at wenger and victorinox and he has a watch from each company, he's 70+ by my guess and doesn't do internet, but he has this old watch he wants to know more about. I took a couple pictures with my phone and told him I would try, i know they are not good images I was in a hurry and didn't have good lighting, if someone can tell me what to look for I can get better pictures if need be. Or point me in the right direction for dating this thing it would be appreciated. Thank you for any insight you may have.

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Movement:
Quartz
Year of Manufacture:
1990-1999
Display:
Analog
Watch Shape:
Round
Case Material:
Stainless Steel
Case Color:
Silver
Case Finish:
Polished
Face Color:
Cream Toned Dial
Band Material:
Supple OEM Leather w/Stamped M Logo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I will let him know it's a more modern day watch, he'll still be happy just knowing. I didn't think it was anything older as he picked it up recently at a flea market.

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Thank you, I will let him know it's a more modern day watch, he'll still be happy just knowing. I didn't think it was anything older as he picked it up recently at a flea market.
As a rule of thumb and a starting point: the first analogue quartz watch was the Seiko Astron from 1969. (If you showed that, this forum would explode :D). A conglomerate of Swiss manufacturers, including Rolex, followed suit with the Beta 21. The rest is history but brands like Wenger and Swiss Army have started to abandon the (cheapish) quartz movements in favour of mechanical, automatic movements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts