Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking at this watch on Amazon for some time now, it's a 41mm Datejust Homage with Sapphire crystal solid stainless steel bracelet and a Miyota Automatic movement.

All the reviews on this watch are great, and for $169 I am about ready to drop the hammer on this one too.

Comes in many different dial colors a two-tone and solid faux gold as well. I picked this one because the color of the dial is something that Rolex doesn't have and it won't look like a rip off clone.

Burei Sovereign by Charles Ford, on Flickr

·
Registered
683 Posts
I've always liked the larger link bracelet just a little more than the smaller link bracelets but both look good...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have never been qa fan of the daye adjust, just don't like the bezel. However, that one is definitely one of the better ones. The Parnis one looks pretty good as well

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
Comes in many different dial colors a two-tone and solid faux gold as well. I picked this one because the color of the dial is something that Rolex doesn't have and it won't look like a rip off clone.

Is this cool?! Or what Chaz?!! Short answer, YES ! 🙂 But a longer,
and better answer, would be Yowza, YES, ridiculously cool !!! 😎😀
Never have even heard of this brand, or company so want to thank
you just for that right there. (y) The quality looks terrific from here,
and like it ticks all the boxes, and even one extra with that fantastic
green dial !

Will look amazing next to the Vostok, or Vostoks on the way sir !!

Big congrats ahead of time again !!!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Miyota ???? You ???? :unsure:
It's the cheapo 8100 something that doesn't hack, but then again, it's a cheapo watch. I like the Miyota 9100 series movements, everyone I had of them was super accurate.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've always liked the larger link bracelet just a little more than the smaller link bracelets but both look good...

They have this model for this watch in an oyster style bracelet, unfortunately, it's a Quartz model that doesn't have the choices of dials as the automatics

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the Miyota in my Spinnaker Croft. Nothing wrong with them at all
I had three citizen watches with the Miyota 9100 movements in them the worse timekeeper was +4 seconds a day, one ran +3 seconds a week!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Where's the watch ? I consider hacking a pretty necessary function. Even for $169.
Before I had a timegrapher it was easier to have a hacking movement in order I could set the watch to the atomic clock in order I could see how accurate it was. With a timegrapher it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where's the watch ? I consider hacking a pretty necessary function. Even for $169.
Hacking is important to me, that's why any watch over $200 without is a NO-GO!

Hell, you can get a cheap $90 Invicta with the excellent hacking/handwinding Seiko NH35 movement in it.

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Before I had a timegrapher it was easier to have a hacking movement in order I could set the watch to the atomic clock in order I could see how accurate it was. With a timegrapher it doesn't matter.
Ummm.... Huh ??? 🤔 So tell me Mr. Timegrapher. How does your magical timegrapher help you set an unhackable movement to the exact correct time ??? 🤓

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ummm.... Huh ??? 🤔 So tell me Mr. Timegrapher. How does your magical timegrapher help you set an unhackable movement to the exact correct time ??? 🤓

If he's like me, he waits till the second-hand gets about right on the NIST Widget and then shakes the watch alive and sets it. o_O

Reactions: forzaferrari
1 - 15 of 15 Posts