Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOW the family is finally complete! Couldn't leave Momma out so with the help of a fellow Canuck WIS he sent me a link to this puppy. Enabling at its best lol.

This was a local deal, I met with the seller this evening and closed the deal and took her home. The price was a steal, so it was really a no brainer. It's going to need a little TLC but mechanically it's solid based on my timegrapher readings. It's holding time solid. -3 to -6 sec per day with a beat error of 0.1 to 0.6ms (dial up and crown up positions). Sweet :)

So the 4th and final member to the Heirloom collection is this 1972 Omega Geneve automatic. This one represents the birth year of my wife. I plan to get this watch refinished and give to her on her next bday which is in Oct, so I have plenty of time to get this cleaned up for her. Although not a 'woman's' model I think this can be worn by a female as it is small and has that retro modern look to it that women of today can pull off quite well. The watch was serviced a couple years ago by the previous owner from who I bought it from. The crown is not original but I plan to get the OEM one put in there when I send it in to be cleaned up.

One of the really cool features of this watch is the quick date change that is built into the crown. All you need to do is push the crown in to advance the date.

So here they are. Together at last - the 'Familia' :)

Wrist shots

Specs on the vintage Geneve for those that wanna know.

http://www.poshtime.co.uk/Omega-Geneve-166.099-c.1972_3026.137.php

DESCRIPTION:

Omega Geneve automatic model 166.099 c.1972. Stainless steel case in superb condition. Original pristine Omega integral stainless steel bracelet sized to fit max. 17.5cms/7inch wrist. Clean silver original dial in superb condition. Polished genuine Omega crystal with signed crown. The movement is a calibre 1481 automatic with fast day feature operated by pushing in the crown.

OVERVIEW:

Case: Stainless steel with screw back
Dial: Silver coloured with date function
Movement: Cal.1481
Crystal: Omega signed acrylic crystal
Strap: Stainless steel Omega bracelet
Size: 35mm Diameter
Year: 1972
Box: Presented in a generic watch box

Put her on the timegrapher last night and it appears to be in great mechanical shape.

-3 to -6 sec per day and a beat error of 0.1 to 0.3 ms which tells me it's perfect. This was serviced by the previous owner about 2-3 years ago (prior to the seller I got it from).

So all in all. Not a bad way to end the week :)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
A fabulous foursome you have, the Seamaster with the red bezel on red leather looks particularly stunning.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Danny T

·
Super Moderator
10,582 Posts
This is so neat it's not even funny Danny ! Wow, congratulations to both here, and all of you guys there !!! :smile-thumb: They are all incredible, and this latest arrival couldn't be cooler. The case shape, and dial are beautiful, and then features like that quick date change are fantastic as well. ..What a great pick-up sir. Hope all of you guys really enjoy these for many many years ! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Outstanding collection but, the standout is the Sea Master with the red bezel, what model is that?

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Outstanding collection but, the standout is the Sea Master with the red bezel, what model is that?

It is the Omega Seamaster 2010 Vancouver Olympic Ltd edition watch. 2010 pcs made.

My 1st son was born on the opening ceremonies of those YVR olympic games and that's why I bought that watch. His birthday watch :)

I did an in depth thread and photo shoot of this watch here with the story behind it. If you search my started threads you'll find it easily :)

Reactions: scotty

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
You've got one heck of a collection, Danny. Impresssssive! When you are ready for my planet ocean xl, just let me know. Its not getting as much time as I thought here so I'm thinking about putting her up. I'd rather it went to a good home, too.

·
Banned
754 Posts
What a great find ! I hope she can appreciate it. My wife couldn't care less about watches (which I'm happy for). She only owns 7-8 watches, I bought all of them. Rarely wears them.

How much does she love watches ?

How awesome to find her birth year at a steal price and meet face to face as icing on the cake. Plus, to be that accurate can't hurt :)

Very happy for you and her.

I'd love to find a piece from my birth year, and love it, soon.

Reactions: Danny T
1 - 20 of 30 Posts