Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least one of the watches is a new arrival;)

I have to say this is the icing on the cake. I never ever could have imagined being able to put together an heirloom group like this. EVER.

But I did.

I won't get all sentimental on ya, so I'll cut to the chase. This group of watches signifies the birth year of the 3 men in my house (myself, son 1 and son 2). I'm so happy that I was able to put together this special group and that it can travel from generation to generation for one that I have started.

Omega Speedmaster Mark 3 - 1973 - my birth year. I just rec'd this one which I won in the 'Carlo Collection' auction on Crown and Caliber a week ago. Talk about right place at the right time!

Omega Seamaster Professional - 2010 Vancouver Olympic Ltd Edition - the birth year and month of my first son

Omega Speedmaster Mark 2 - 2014 - the birth year for my second son

There you have it. The 'Family'.

Here's the Mark 3 on the omega mesh. I love it. This is the combo. The turquoise isofrane didn't work BTW.

Mark 3 on orig bracelet

Orig paperwork. Purchased in Switzerland in 1976. I feel like I won the jackpot with this one.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Very cool! I have admired that vintage Omega several times ad think I even saw one recently on recon. What a beauty! I have been looking for a cool birthyear watch for a while, circa 1966 but have yet to find anything nearly as nice as that. Congrats!

·
11,658 Posts
Happy for you and your gorgeous Family Danny. Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Danny T

·
Banned
754 Posts
What a gorgeous silver dial with those blue accents ! I love that funky case too. That's why I love my Helson with a similar case but that's just my plan B to owning the real deal, your new Omega. Big congrats on collecting a Grail watch with the birthyear of each of your two sons and yourself. I can see why it would be a bit emotional to have the privilege and honor to share that.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You have completed an amazing hat trick, Danny. You and the boys will be talking about those for years to come. They're absolutely beautiful.
Well done, my friend.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Tremendous trio.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
That's cool. Love the Mark 2

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Great trio, but that vintage Mark 3 is awesome.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Very cool watches, but the best part is the meaning behind each.

Congrats, and thanks for sharing with us here!

(Could watch #4 be on its way next year??????)

·
Super Moderator
12,921 Posts
Yeah wow Danny, ridiculously cool sir !!! :smile-thumb2:Those three watches could be the perfect collection all by themselves to be honest with you. ..Having all of them in one place must be THE best ! Has to be difficult choosing a favorite because they are all so epic really. ..The new Mark 3 is something to see though. The case, dial, and blue accents are phenomenal ! Incredible pick-up, but also collection of Omegas !!! Huge congrats to you ! ENJOY ! :eek: :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
The newest addition looks amazing, I see styling of the case in the new mono 2 from H2O.
But those colors they used be it from 73 still look hot. It also looks to be well cared for.

Your elephant strap would look cool on it if the yarn matches.
Killer score!

·
Registered
584 Posts
What can I say Danny. Totally awesome trio man! Congrats and can't wait to see what you have in store for the future.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts