Watch Freeks banner

Anyone else had a bad experience with Marcelo?

• Yes

• Yes

• no

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to reply about the Dan Henry watches thread and his absolutely totally and utterly useless tosspot of a customer experience manager MARCELO!!!!!! THE WORST service ever. Just give me 1 min with him in a room and I'll stick the 1970 up his you know what!

Oh, and I might add, rh747m is totally right, and all the same crap is still going on today they don't give a monkeys about customers, they want to take your money in a flash and after that, you're on your own! DON'T BUY DAN HENRY WATCHES get something from an established brand and you will be treated with the dignity and kindness that you deserve, after all, they didn't become established brands for nothing! Early Jan I fatefully ordered my watch and here I am today no watch no refund. I have sent over 40 emails to that tw*t Marcelo and he is the rudest dude out there a pompous stuck up fool who should be out of a job, but Dan has got too big for his watch strap and just simply can't be arsed to put right wrongs that have been committed in HIS name.

Advert

Dan Henry watches, we've no 'time' for you!

·
Aspiring Expert
1,967 Posts
Did you only come here to air your grievances? because that's what it seems like... :unsure:

And I think everyone here can do without your member name and language ...

·
2,718 Posts
I’ve purchased 2 watches from DH. Each arrived quickly and without issue. Granted this was not within the last year - the reign of Covid.

I’m no DH apologist but - the excerpt you (the OP) included makes it appear more like DH has tried and failed and ultimately became exasperated in working with you.

In any case, joining our forum with a rip-job built into your username probably says all we need to know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you only come here to air your grievances? because that's what it seems like... :unsure:

And I think everyone here can do without your member name and language ...
I am warning people to so they don't have to go through the same crap as me. If you don't like it just block me and move on to the opinions that make you feel all warm and fuzzy, me I don't care. It's called free speech and there are a slew of disgruntled people on the Dan Henry Facebook page that feel the same way go see for yourself. And I don't like your member name but you are entitled to it. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve purchased 2 watches from DH. Each arrived quickly and without issue. Granted this was not within the last year - the reign of Covid.

I’m no DH apologist but - the excerpt you (the OP) included makes it appear more like DH has tried and failed and ultimately became exasperated in working with you.

In any case, joining our forum with a rip-job built into your username probably says all we need to know.
Just to remind you it's our forum, not yours. And either way,
I'm not bothered what you think :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to remind you it's our forum, not yours. And either way, View attachment 135044 I'm not bothered what you think :)

Here's his Facebook page just go see for yourself Dan Henry Watches

·
Aspiring Expert
1,967 Posts
I am warning people to so they don't have to go through the same crap as me. If you don't like it just block me and move on to the opinions that make you feel all warm and fuzzy, me I don't care. It's called free speech and there are a slew of disgruntled people on the Dan Henry Facebook page that feel the same way go see for yourself. And I don't like your member name but you are entitled to it. :)
Well, aren't you off to a great start here?

Good luck convincing anyone here of your sincere intentions... :rolleyes:

·
Aspiring Expert
1,967 Posts
No thanks, I'm just here to talk about watches and have a good time, I have no interest in some flame war you're trying to bring here or anywhere else, I can only speak for myself but I really wish you would keep it there and keep watchfreeks out of it... :cool:

Reactions: H3110

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No thanks, I'm just here to talk about watches and have a good time, I have no interest in some flame war you're trying to bring here or anywhere else, I can only speak for myself but I really wish you would keep it there and keep watchfreeks out of it... :cool:
I agree, I also like to talk about watches and have a deep love for them, I shall refrain from slagging off Dan Henry from this very moment. And I do mean that sincerely. I have to say I do know that I can get carried away with myself I have OCD and ADHD and often I'm the last to see that I'm obsessed with something. However, I have calmed down and have taken on board what you have said. I only wish I knew how to change my tag name!? :)

·
Super Moderator
960 Posts
It seems the OP has also spammed the comments on their Facebook page.

For the OP, I think we are missing a lot of specifics on what happened in your case. Would you care to elaborate what exactly happened?

Can you not dispute the charge on your credit card? Or, if it is lost in the post, make a claim at the post for the insurance ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ii seems the OP has also spammed the comments on their Facebook page.

For the OP, I think we are missing a lot of specifics on what happened in your case. Would you care to elaborate what exactly happened?

Can you not dispute the charge on your credit card? Or, if it is lost in the post, make a claim at the post for the insurance ?
Thank you for your reply, I think I'm going to leave it to the universe to sort out now, I had my rant, just disappointed as I was put onto DH watches from The watch Gentry and happily ordered the 1970 diver but I fell foul of their ambiguous return policy and I'm not the first. I returned the watch following Marcelo's email instructions to the letter. I photographed the whole process even the parcel behind the counter in the post office showing the address etc for my own peace of mind and because this is not my first rodeo. I tracked the parcel from that day Jan 21st 2021until it reached Povnan Poland where it has been held by customs ever since. After many many emails and putting in a claim to royal mail I contacted Polish customs myself using google translate to do the talking for me only to find they had sent an email on Feb 3rd to the warehouse in the district that represented Dan Henry watches telling them to come and claim the parcel which they refused to do (without my knowledge) meanwhile Marcello at Dan Henry in NY said

"We have received several returns from the United Kingdom in our warehouse in the EU.
This is the first time Royal Mail requires payment of import taxes to ship to our facility.

Therefore, we believe if you did not make this mistake, you must have made some other.
That said, no, we won't pay for your return costs as this was not proven to be our mistake"

The first mistake he is referring to there is putting 'RETURN' on the label (see pic)

The customer service has been appalling and they have not tried to help me in the slightest but have instead blamed me for their mistake. Royal Mail has also been as useful as a chocolate teapot and has now closed the claim sighting the item is with polish customs and there is nothing further they can do.

DH won't contact them either so I am left without the watch, without a refund and an extra loss of the return postage.

This is my situation. :censored:
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg

·
Super Moderator
960 Posts
Thank you for your reply, I think I'm going to leave it to the universe to sort out now, I had my rant, just disappointed as I was put onto DH watches from The watch Gentry and happily ordered the 1970 diver but I fell foul of their ambiguous return policy and I'm not the first. I returned the watch following Marcelo's email instructions to the letter. I photographed the whole process even the parcel behind the counter in the post office showing the address etc for my own peace of mind and because this is not my first rodeo. I tracked the parcel from that day Jan 21st 2021until it reached Povnan Poland where it has been held by customs ever since. After many many emails and putting in a claim to royal mail I contacted Polish customs myself using google translate to do the talking for me only to find they had sent an email on Feb 3rd to the warehouse in the district that represented Dan Henry watches telling them to come and claim the parcel which they refused to do (without my knowledge) meanwhile Marcello at Dan Henry in NY said

"We have received several returns from the United Kingdom in our warehouse in the EU.
This is the first time Royal Mail requires payment of import taxes to ship to our facility.

Therefore, we believe if you did not make this mistake, you must have made some other.
That said, no, we won't pay for your return costs as this was not proven to be our mistake"

The first mistake he is referring to there is putting 'RETURN' on the label (see pic)

The customer service has been appalling and they have not tried to help me in the slightest but have instead blamed me for their mistake. Royal Mail has also been as useful as a chocolate teapot and has now closed the claim sighting the item is with polish customs and there is nothing further they can do.

DH won't contact them either so I am left without the watch, without a refund and an extra loss of the return postage.

This is my situation. :censored: View attachment 135050 View attachment 135050 View attachment 135050
That is indeed unfortunate. It does sound like they simply do not want to pay the Customs to have the watch back, and are trying to fob off the blame to you.

However, if you dig a bit more, you can see that the return address is to a company that simply does the logistics (storage, pick & pack and shipping) for Dan Henry, and not Dan Henry the company themselves: Contact - MW Logistics

That means it is the logistics company that does not want to pay to have the watch returned, and ideally they should not (Dan Henry should).

On that webpage is an email address for the logistics company, which I recommend you try to contact to get the issue resolved (ie: get them to pick up the watch), once again, using Google Translate (or Deepl.com) if by email, or via telephone.

NAPISZ E-MAIL
[email protected]

ZADZWOŃ
+48 95-303-01-95

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is indeed unfortunate. It does sound like they simply do not want to pay the Customs to have the watch back, and are trying to fob off the blame to you.

However, if you dig a bit more, you can see that the return address is to a company that simply does the logistics (storage, pick & pack and shipping) for Dan Henry, and not Dan Henry the company themselves: Kontakt - MW Logistics

That means it is the logistics company that does not want to pay to have the watch returned, and ideally they should not (Dan Henry should).

On that webpage is an email address for the logistics company, which I recommend you try to contact to get the issue resolved (ie: get them to pick up the watch), once again, using Google Translate (or Deepl.com) if by email, or via telephone.

NAPISZ E-MAIL
[email protected]

ZADZWOŃ
+48 95-303-01-95
Thanks for your help with this :)

·
Super Moderator
960 Posts
On a side note, it is VERY bizarre that Dan Henry does not list their postal address anywhere on their website. That does smell of a scam company imo.

·
Super Moderator
960 Posts
Thanks for your help with this :)
If you want to see movement, maybe CC Marcel in the email to the Logistics company. If enough people complain to the logistics company, and it become a thorn in their side, they might just drop Dan Henry as a customer....

Also, don't take no for an answer. It may take you some time to break through and have the logistics company get the package....

At the same time, I see you shipped it back post-Brexit.. And Brexit will likely not be helping things...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts