Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate damn FEXEX.

I paid import fees for my Sinn U2 GS9 for $813.00 in Cdn money.

I received another bill for exact amount today. WTF?

they are nothing but crooks.

how can I file a complaint about this?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The invoice is from visa. how I complain this matter ?

they are screwing people all the time

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
The invoice is from visa. how I complain this matter ?

they are screwing people all the time

Call Visa and tell them you already paid once and paying twice ain't gonna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Import fees of $813. WTF????

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sinn U2 GS9 cost $3100.00 US =5300.00 Cdn

they charge import fees which includes HST tax together= $813.00 WTF? they screw people the same way as UPS.

I don't know why watch buy ship it by FEDEX.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Sinn U2 GS9 cost $3100.00 US =5300.00 Cdn

they charge import fees which includes HST tax together= $813.00 WTF? they screw people the same way as UPS.

I don't know why watch buy ship it by FEDEX.
Well there is your problem. If I understand it correctly who ever prepared the paperwork screwed up. I cant speak for Canadian customs but for Mexico if you don't prepare it correctly you run the risk of paying way more than you should.

If that is the case its not fedexes fault. They do the delivery and will for mexico do the agent work but they just go through the motions. They are not in the business to import. If the paperwork is not all in order they dont give a damn. If you have an impot agent who you pay they make sure you dont get screwed. However, that is not possible for consumer transactions.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's crazy. I've yet to have to pay any duty fees for anything I've bought from china (knock on wood). Although, nothing has been more than $210 USD.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I bought an Eterna Kon Tiki earlier this year from and AD in Spain for $1,600. I think the FEDEX charge was less then $50, if I remember correctly.

If Canada is screwing you that much on buying a watch with import fees, that's nuts, Canada doesn't even have a home grown Watch Manufacturing base to protect that I know of?????

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
My son and I have purchased a few Steinharts direct from them
and they were shipped Fedex.

Had them in about 3 days and payed HST + $10 admin fee.
No duty or other charges.

Oh and I'm in Ottawa Canada.

I say you should investigate it with Fedex.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I would definitely question it. I have ordered several Steinharts and did pay some fees but nothing unreasonable. I think the most I paid was 24 on my racetimer. Of course I'm in the US. And I imagine cad charges more tax but can't believe it would be that much.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
That's crazy. I've yet to have to pay any duty fees for anything I've bought from china (knock on wood). Although, nothing has been more than $210 USD.
If you import an item over 2,500 dollars be prepared to pay taxes and import fees. I paid an additional 86.00 dollars of import taxes to Fedex on an Seiko SBDB009 imported from Japan

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
My son and I have purchased a few Steinharts direct from them
and they were shipped Fedex.

Had them in about 3 days and payed HST + $10 admin fee.
No duty or other charges.

Oh and I'm in Ottawa Canada.

I say you should investigate it with Fedex.
IF THE TAX HAS BEEN PAID TO VISA-

THAN- call CS @ FED EX and explain- you may have to provide a copy of the statement to prove payment

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Paperwork was probably flawed.

I purchased a Steinhart from Steinhart in March. Paid $120 CDN duty on it. Watch was $500EU. Only paid once. No issues. Received my watch in 3 days from Germany too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I called FEDEX customer service and spoke to supervisor. They managed to cancel the double charge on import duties after I yell at them on the phone. FEDEX would have charge me anyway if I hadn't call them.

UPS and FEDEX are bunch of crooks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts