• other -explain

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

DAILY DEALS??? ARE THEY REALLY DEALS????

i dont know about you but not long ago -i used to check the daily deal sites daily and see if there was anything HOT that i could pick up

well i guess as time goes on - and tastes mature - i dont go there anymore - i might check it every other week or so - but now its changed for me

what do you say??

do you still go for these "HOT" Deals???

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I look for "hot deals", but not just to buy a watch because it's "a bargain" (well, usually not)! :lol

When I have a watch in mind, I will check for the best price, and sometimes, it ends up being a "Daily Deal".

I'm in a "place" where if I'm going to buy a watch, it's going to be one that I've wanted for some time, will be "on sale", and will be worn (to death)! :)

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

There are good deal on both TV and non-TV brands. As long as you know what you are buying you can get some good deals. (i.e., Accutron VX-200 for $299)

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

I only look once in a while there is always a watch I would like to get if I see a good price I will buy it. but it is not often I find a DD that I want.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I believe it comes down to what you are looking for. If you get lucky it might be discounted one day and that is positive.

But the impulse buys are usually the ones you regret, or sell later.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

I have purchased five watches recently on a couple of Lior's deal sites. Ifyou hit'em at the right time and it's a piece that you want then go for it. i.e. Planetimers and Glamourous (Swiss Legend autos) for $148.50 each. If you lok at retail prices these are fantastic deals, but retail = jack sh**. Is the price a fair one though? You bet it is!! So yea, it's worth it to check the deal sites and sales on those sites as well if they have the stuff that you are interested in. JMHO.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

im going to say it , and im sorry if i offend anyone....

these daily deal sites are nothing more than a way to get us hooked into another impulse buy.......

alot of times, people buy these watches, just because the price is so low compared to what it was elsewear, and so they grab it, only to sell or trade it down the road....

im at a point, where Tv brands for the most part do not interest me, and i highly doubt that i will see a modded seiko, a Dievas watch, a Debaufre Triton, or a Marathon watch at a daily deal site anytime soon.......if that were the case though, i might have to take a look....lol

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
im going to say it , and im sorry if i offend anyone....

these daily deal sites are nothing more than a way to get us hooked into another impulse buy.......

alot of times, people buy these watches, just because the price is so low compared to what it was elsewear, and so they grab it, only to sell or trade it down the road....

im at a point, where Tv brands for the most part do not interest me, and i highly doubt that i will see a modded seiko, a Dievas watch, a Debaufre Triton, or a Marathon watch at a daily deal site anytime soon.......if that were the case though, i might have to take a look....lol
we do see Hamiltons, Seikos, Citizens, and many others on some of the daily deal sites. I still say the key is to be selective and only buy watches you were planning on purchasing.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
imported post

It all depends on what you are looking for, I have only ever got one daily deal, and that was on the SANIII im waiting for, this is because i have never owned one before and everybody says good things about them. :)

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Ok, case in point. I see the Planetimer on ShopNBC (for $510 I might add) and really like it. I go to Lior's sites and it is $399.Do I do an impulse buy because it is cheaper than the Shop? No. I patiently wait until I see it on sale for $148.00 and that is when I buy. I have had time to digest the piece, look at it on multiple occassions, but only buy when the piece goes on sale. This is not impulse buying and if it weren't for Lior's deal sites I would not own the piece. They have their place "IN TIME", LOL. It does not mean that what is considered "A deal" is always such. But in my world, that particular piece (as I stated) at that price is more than fair.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

I think it's important to keep an open mind about this. Also, you should keep a few pieces in your thoughts just in case one comes up on a deal site.

While you can get sucked into an impulse buy, by dismissing them, you could also lose out on something you've been looking for.

Besides, even if you do get something that, later on, you decide you don't want. The prices are usually so low that you shouldn't have a problem unloading it. Maybe even make a couple bucks.

The Accutron, Zodiac, others, and yes, even some of the Invicta deals are just that. Good deals.

So yes, you may not find a modded piece or something obscure but, you can find a deal on an everyday work watch or something for a gift that doesn't set you back for too much.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . I finally got past the impulse buys. I don't even look at the daily deals anymore.

I know what I want, when I have thedough I'll buy. No more half assed buys on watches I wear only rarely, that have no resale value if I wanted to flip them. . . . I've got 3 dozen like that as it is. . .

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I used to look at them all the time but most of those watches weren't all that great and my tastes are really changing too. Most of those pieces just don't do it for me any more.

·
Registered
241 Posts
imported post

The last 3 watches I purchased were a 'Daily Deal' of some sort. Each watch was a Swiss Made Automatic 3 hand, and they were great deals. But I agree the vast majority of supposed deals are not, especially some of the quartz stuff.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

i'm not saying they arent good deals, and neither am i saying i wouldnt buy one of them = i'm just saying i've gotten more selective - i used to go to the daily deals EXPECTING to find something to buy

now i expect to look for something special to HUNT for it

and its normally going to be a brand that doesnt pop on the daily deals -or a model that doesnt show up there

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
imported post

It depends. I think most of the deals, if it's something you want, can be a good deal. Like Chef said, you just can't allow yourself to get sucked into buying because it's a good deal. I have a few watches in mind that I really want, so I check to see if they are a "daily deal". I will buy them eventually, but if I can get them at a good price, even better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.