Super Moderator
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ooh nice FB, that is a BMW hat trick there sir ! 😎😎😎

Just found some more BMW eye candy for you, and everyone... 🙂

·
Aspiring Expert
2,028 Posts
I've owned 7 street bikes since selling my '81 CB650 to a co-worker at the ripe old age of 24. My current (and probably final) steed is a 2009 Yamaha VMX1700. Nothing else I've ever ridden comes close to the performance of this incredible machine. View attachment 137485
Or better known as the V-MAX or the monster! ;)(y)

·
Aspiring Expert
2,028 Posts
Some might find this interesting...
CROSSPLANE inline 4 EXPLAINED in detail - How the YAMAHA R1 i4 differs from all other INLINE FOURS.
And how sometimes less is more!

·
2,909 Posts
I had this, a (used) 1975 Honda XR75 as young teenager. Sad story, one of my fiends while trail riding jumped, landing upside down and broke his neck. He didn't make it and my parents and a few other kids' folks got rid of our respective bikes.

·
Aspiring Expert
2,028 Posts
I had this, a (used) 1975 Honda XR75 as young teenager. Sad story, one of my fiends while trail riding jumped, landing upside down and broke his neck. He didn't make it and my parents and a few other kids' folks got rid of our respective bikes.

This was the first real motorcycle I got as a pre-teen, A (used) Yamaha 1970 JT1 60cc Mini Enduro, I loved that thing and rode it every day! that is until someone stole it... :cry:

Reactions: Reflex

·
2,909 Posts
I remember those. Everyone I knew had a Suzuki RM80 or a Yamaha YZ80. Both had slightly superior output from their marginally larger engines than my Honda. But I believe in my heart that the Honda was superior. :geek:

·
Aspiring Expert
2,028 Posts
I remember those. Everyone I knew had a Suzuki RM80 or a Yamaha YZ80. Both had slightly superior output from their marginally larger engines than my Honda. But I believe in my heart that the Honda was superior. :geek:
My neighborhood buddy had a Yamaha YZ80 bored out to 110cc and it was a screamer! :eek:

·
Long Time Member
1,087 Posts
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

wife and my 29er Single speed bikes

• Love
Reactions: Gary

·
Long Time Member
1,087 Posts
Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Fat tire fun , old school

• Love
Reactions: Gary

·
Aspiring Expert
2,028 Posts
When I was very young I had one of these, a Yamaha BMX Bicycle! they were heavy and rode like a tank but they were one of the first bikes to have front and rear shocks and it was made by Yamaha so that gave it a "cool" factor!

·
Super Moderator
4,692 Posts
Had a '78 thumper like this, with a custom stainless steel exhaust, for many years - great fun.
They had a dry sump system and no oil filter and needed to be serviced around every 700km or so. Went through many sprockets.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

21 - 40 of 54 Posts