Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

What's the last thoughtful gesture you showed the one you love ?...It doesn't have to be flowers or a night out, it could be something as simple as you caring for the children while she did something she wanted to do, filling her car up with gas or cooking breakfast/dinner for everyone...You get the idea of what I mean.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Everyday for me, either it be watching the kids so she can take a nap on the weekends, Cooking dinner, giving the kids baths so she can watch her soap opera's in peace, putting the kids to bed, etc. etc.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

I cook every day for my wife...massage her feet if she wants me to...make sure I buy her favorite chocolates when I go to the store. I do all the shopping at our house since I do all the cooking.

Most of the time I'm probably a PIA...but I am a grouchy old man a lot of the time. Mostly because my arthitis keeps me in severe pain most of the day...keeps me edgy. I am sad to say. Rhuematory Arthitis is no fun...you are never without pain...and it get frustrating not to feel good.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . I listen.

I try really hard to listen, and hear what the Redhead is saying . . . if I do, the rest is easy . . . . don't even have to think about it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

OK, I'll be serious. The last thing I did was actually a couple of things. My wife complains all the time that the dishes pile up in the sink because my son and I don't always load them into the dish washer. So, the other day I emptied the dish washer and put the dishes from the sink into the dish washer. Then, yesterday, I hung up a bunch of stuff on the wallsthat she has been asking me to do for months!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Great question Duchess! I am really try to think of something extrordinary I did recently. Mainly just listening to what she has to say and giving Theresa attention even when it is not needed. We did go out Saturday night and she had a good time. ....Bob

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

I help out around the house, doing dishes, laundry, cleaning the bathroom. My wife cooks for a living, so I cook for her once in a while because she hates coming home and cooking after cooking all day. Not a day goes by without me telling her how much I love her at least 5 times, and she knows that I would do anything for her. My wife has been tagged terminal by her cancer doctor and is going in for a stem cell transplant soon, I will be doing everything for her soon while trying to work as much as possible to pay the bills, I'll sleep when I'm dead.

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

I have a ex wife.But I still do things for her.We get along better being divorced.:)

I restored her car last month, installed a new interior, added a few engine mods, then paid her insurance premiums for the year.What did I get out of it? nothing, except to see her smile when the car was returned.Also, I got to drive it.pretty cool old Honda.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.