Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I ended up here because I have my eyes set on a Lume-Tec and want to learn a bit more about the brand before I decide to purchase one.

One thing I noticed is that all the straps come with a quick release mechanisme. I realize I may sound ungrateful since all Lume-Tec's already come with several straps but I like to variate my watches with some custom built straps too and I'm wondering if that is even possible?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sure it is :) ...

You can fit any custom strap you want ... Lum-Tec also offers several custom straps on their own site (the second shot above is one of theirs).

... I even put a crazy fish skin strap on one of mine :p ...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Thanks, good to know. The last combi looks amazing! What model is it??
I've known Chris Weigand for a while. This was one of his very first batch of watches and his first phantom. I was lucky to have one ... soooo tough to photograph well. Model name was M5.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've known Chris Weigand for a while. This was one of his very first batch of watches and his first phantom. I was lucky to have one ... soooo tough to photograph well. Model name was M5.

Lucky you, it's a beauty. My only beef with Lume-tec so far is that each time a find a watch I really like it's sold out! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure it is :) ...

You can fit any custom strap you want ... Lum-Tec also offers several custom straps on their own site (the second shot above is one of theirs).
I'm still wondering how that would work.

I'm used to pins that are either screwed in or push button but the LT's I'm looking at seem to have neither but instead a lever in the pin that is sewed in the strap.

So I'm still trying to figure out how I'd be able to fit a 'normal' strap.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Those are nothing more than standard springbars with a little lever attached. You can use any standard strap. You will need a standard springbar but there is nothing special about the watch head that accepts straps with the quick release type bars like you show.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Went on with no problem. Standard, normal and otherwise easy-peasy installation. I myself was undecided over a year ago and finally pulled the trigger on my first Lum-Tec, an M65XL.
I wanted a black strap with matching accent, and decided on one with orange stitches and hole accents from the Strap Smith:

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those are nothing more than standard springbars with a little lever attached. You can use any standard strap. You will need a standard springbar but there is nothing special about the watch head that accepts straps with the quick release type bars like you show.
Never mind, I was being daft. I was trying to figure out to remove the spring bar without the level, screw or pushbuttons but the answer was just too simple... Same principle as illustrated in this vid..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_yCi0ezSQ

Still a noob when it comes to watches but learning :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, that strap looks like a perfect match for the M65XL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts