Watch Freeks banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
^^^^ Great! Thank you all for participating!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Wow, this watch looks like it has a Bulova Accutron Astronaut bezel on it!

I know that it's not but it looks very close...

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
My collection currently. Added a couple peices and have modified a few as well.

Thanks for participating, nice collection!

Reactions: Artemis12 and T.T

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here's my little gathering

These ones are away for some work

Enjoy finding these original advert posters
Wow Reflex, totally awesome gathering of pretty much all of my most favorite seiko awesomeness 🥰😍 The advertisement poster are just the icing on the top!!!!! Just fabulous 😉👍Hopefully I can achieve similar box's of goodness

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Does any WF have a freekier watch box? Yup an aluminum flight case.

I used to have a nice display box but I find it's best for me to keep my watch collection, while humble, to myself for a variety of reasons. Another G-shock is missing as well as a vintage Wittnauer Electrochron my brother has been borrowing... for too long.

https://flic.kr/p/24vZKCZ enricosonic

https://flic.kr/p/SZjoVE enricosonic
E, where did you get this? I'll never have so many watches...but I like it!

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Wow Reflex, totally awesome gathering of pretty much all of my most favorite seiko awesomeness 🥰😍 The advertisement poster are just the icing on the top!!!!! Just fabulous 😉👍Hopefully I can achieve similar box's of goodness
Thank you.

I have a few more vintage Seikos incoming which I'll post up once I receive them back from servicing and some other work which is beyond my scope of competence.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
The Pelican is water proof, I hadn't considered that, or if I care about that.
Do your watches sit snuggly, as in a traditional box/case with the lid open, or do they have a lot of play?
Are they sound when the lid's closed?
It looks like the crown of one is over top of the divider, say you drop it on its side, will they smack each other.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
The Pelican is water proof, I hadn't considered that, or if I care about that.
Do your watches sit snuggly, as in a traditional box/case with the lid open, or do they have a lot of play?
It looks like the crown of one is over top of the divider, say you drop it on its side, will they smack each other.
Yeah everything's pretty snug and buttoned down, and then when the lid's closed the contents are under some pressure from the foam top and is rock solid. I don't think it'd deal well with 50+mm cases, but I think it's pretty standard dimensionally as any watch box goes. Huge watches would need a narrow one next to it, etc.

The Pelican is probably better made just holds less.

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
You know, you guys have the most amazing taste to be honest ! 🥇🏆
There's the incredibly beautiful watches, but then all the outstanding
display boxes, along with cases at the same time. 😲😉 Yowzers,
it is too cool ?!!! Or is it insanely, or ridiculously cool?! !

Beyond cool. ..That's it actually. Beyond cool says it all !!! 😄:cool:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I can't seem to get a nice photo but here's an idea of how various-sized watches fit. There's plenty of room for the orange samurai and the ashtray, two of the larger watches. The DH 1970 on the right looks like the crowns are touching the metal edge but they aren't - that's just the angle from which I snapped the pic. Guess I should've included the big Casios but they fit too.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
That Deep Blue is enormous. Or perhaps the Alsta is a bit more diminutive than thought.
The Deep Blue is from the 'the bigger, the better' era :D. I used to wear it a couple of years ago but not so now. It weighs a ton as well. It's just too much. The watch itself however is finished very well but when I changed the perished rubber strap for the (original) bracelet I couldn't get one of the pins back in straight again and now it's stuck but not seated on one side. Have to look into it as I will give it to my son in law who has gorilla wrists :). That is, if he wants it because young people hardly wear watches now a days.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts