Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Years later I am not sure. Yes I had serious emotional pain and "hurt" at the time, but not sure if my heart was broken in the traditional sense of "the one that got away" or "lost the love of my life". I think at the time the pain was associated with losing something I was "used to" having in my life, not an all time love that was now gone.

I think my answer to this is no.

·
Registered
469 Posts
imported post

I truly think women break more hearts than men...

I think you DO eventually get over it but from time to time CRAZY memories flash back and you are like "where did THAT come from?"

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

everyday in one form or another -your heart breaks and heals

in every moment you die & are re-born a NEW creature

the one constant in life is CHANGE / EVOLUTION

everything changes in all ways!!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Yes . . . once. About 4 years ago.

My girlfriend left me after my cancer diagnosis and initial treatment. I know that the circumstances at the time contributed to the depth of the pain, but it was devastating to me! :(

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Oh Man you Rock!!!

No actually, I have never been attached to any women until I met my wife. Bedding women for sport was the game, it was never about passion or love!

BW-1 wrote:
Many times. all strippers.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Yes it was my high school gf, found out she started seeing another guy and that crushed me. But eventually found out it was all for the better, I think it was more lust than love.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

More times than I care to think about...but...in my hurt and pain I found strength to look for something real...not superficial. Found that in my wife...she had the heart of gold I was looking for!!

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Yes . . . once. About 4 years ago.

My girlfriend left me after my cancer diagnosis and initial treatment. I know that the circumstances at the time contributed to the depth of the pain, but it was devastating to me! :(
I'm so sorry this happened to you.

She didn't leave you, she abandoned you.

So much worse.

This is a tough one.

I hope you have found a way to get over it.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
My girlfriend left me after my cancer diagnosis and initial treatment.
That speaks volumes in regards to her character...I hope you can now consider yourself fortunate that she did...You don't want, nor need, someone like that in your life.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I think most people have this happen to them at some point in their life. I had someone that I had virtually everything invested in tell me that she loved me but wasn't in love with me any more. I thought I would never get over that!

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Yep and it still hurts.:WW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.