Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a quartz watch with a regular movement. It was dead when I got it but I installed a battery and closed it back up. It doesn't work unless the crown is just barely nudged outward with a fingernail away from the case. If I push the crown all the way in the second hand stops immediately and the watch is just stopped.

Any advice?

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Service it. There is something wrong.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
If the watch isn't worth the expense to service it, try opening the back, disengage the stem and pull it out. Then re-seat the stem and see if it fixes it.
Other than that, and I'm not sure what watch it is, you can get a new quartz movement cheap and replace it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zodiac Super Sea Dragon. I have re-seated the stem. I am wondering if it is at all possible the battery is weak. The date on the battery pack is 2011. Is this a possibility?

·
1,054 Posts
It could be that the battery is weak but it seems to work with the crown a little out. So maybe the stem was cut too long in the first place and when is pushed in all the way it causes it to stop.

What I am trying to say is that since what causes the watch to run or not is the crown, the battery charge should not have anything to do with it.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
I'd send a PM to Rodger (crotchhasteeth). If anyone can help with this issue it is him.

Reactions: ganson
1 - 7 of 7 Posts