Watch Freeks banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

YOU WANNA GO WOW??? Take the bracelet off and put a nice Tan Leather strap on it - than you will really go WOW!!!

kevco wrote:
WATCHURSELF wrote:
I recently Re-Purchased a Croton - I've owned this particular watch 3-4 times now!!! LOL

I just recently purchased this model from a fellow WF. All I can say is...WOW.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
imported post

Very good looking watches. I may swing by my local Khols this weekend and try to look at one up close.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

I want to clarify my post.
I hope it did not come across wrong.
If you are looking for a watch on a budget, yes the Croton will probably be fine.

I still personally would look at some Citizens, or Some Seiko 5 watches that can be had for $100 or under.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
imported post

Thanks Tattoo Chef. Still not sure what I'm going to do. I just wanted to look and handle one to see what kind of quality it is and then decide whether to buy or not.
I already have a Citizen and two Seikos.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
imported post

I have a Aquamatic submariner homge. 40 bucks free shipp of the Bay. Heck of a watch for the money in my opinion. Looks nice, blue dial+ bezel. Comfortable bracelet.

There are a lot of Seiko's for just over $100. Automatics, quartz, solars, and a couple of kinetics too I think. I picked this up for $114.00. I like it very much.The dial is very easy to read and has good Seiko lume. Not their best, but far better than the Croton.

The second hits most of the marks dead center on the Seiko. The Croton's second handrarely is on with the marks. I also have a Seiko solar diver with the same caliber. It hits the marks 100%.

Just trying to give examples of the difference in quality between the two.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
imported post

I have a couple of low end Crotons. I too think it was hit-or-miss with Croton in the pastbut their visibility faded when they parted company with ShopNBC. My obsession started one night with ~gasp~ Jim Skelton presentinga very curved low end Croton. That curved watch was a "miss" because it was a small watch, too small,witha very small and delicate crown that I have to pull out very gently so that I don't accidentally yank it right out of the movement. I know becauseI did once with that watch. IloveCroton's lifetime repair warranty even though todaytheir CS dept now pre-charges $20 for "shipping."I sent that curved watch with a broken crown to Croton for repair with no explanation letter, and I got the watch back fixed but with a puzzled note from a very confused repair guy LOL.

I concur that you get what you pay for. I do not own any divers or chronos but I would not get either from Croton, there are too many watch makers out there that specialize in that sort of watch.

Below is a pic of a "hit" where Croton made a nice tungsten watch while copying and (improving by) making a man-sized version ofthe (tiny woman-sized) Movado Fiero.

·
Registered
2 Posts
imported post

Hi - I have looked at the Aquamatic CA301190SSBL today, saw some comments above. I have not seen any reviews on other sites, nor have I seen a lume shot. It claims luminescent Hands, but nothing else. So is there lume on the dial or bezel pip? Thanks -

I have a casual model CA301049SSBL. One of the checks I've gotten in the habit of doing is submerging in water for >8 hrs. This particular watch did not pass, but it was replaced by the seller and I have had no problem with it. Not too bad for $28.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Ya wanna see some Crotons?? !!!! I'll show ya some dang Crotons. Like Nando said, I got most'a the nice ones, LOL !!!!

Nicolet by Croton .......

Nicolet again .....

Nicolet again ........

Just a few to wet your whistle if you're a Croton enthusiast, LOL. :b

·
Registered
4,992 Posts

·
Registered
11,016 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Ever see the movie "The Sixth Sense"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, but I'm watching the Sitcom 'How to get to 75 posts as fast as possible?'. 12th season. It's becoming stale :D

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
No, but I'm watching the Sitcom 'How to get to 75 posts as fast as possible?'. 12th season. It's becoming stale :D

LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,992 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
This guy is outdoing Jesus at resurrecting the dead! How much longer before he puts some clunker up on the For Sale thread?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts